Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

I'm booked for first Pfizer shot on Tuesday. I'm on leave from work so perfect time to get it.

I went onto Twitter last night and found a bunch of idiots calling Australia fascist because the Queensland government is building a dedicated quarantine facility at Towoomba to be used instead of hotel quarantine. They literally were saying it was a Nazi death camp. Probably the same idiots that have been spreading Covid around NSW instead of staying home.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I'm booked for first Pfizer shot on Tuesday. I'm on leave from work so perfect time to get it.
    Had mine on Thursday, if you can get one our work will pay you while you go out and get it if it's during work hours. I left at 12.30, waited from 1.00 til 1.58, left at 2.15, got told I could go home rather than back to work.

But, am in Brisbane, there's essentially a 6 week+ wait for pfizer, some places being told 3 months, so we have people driving 1.5 hours out to the country to get one when a new regional clinic opens up (Esk was the latest). Other than that, have to keep checking in case someone cancels and an appointment opens up (which happened to me, just randomly checked at 10.30am on Thursday, booked instantly and got it same day). They also say to call up centers and ask if there were any no-shows otherwise they have to throw them out.

Good thing too was they were booking people in afterwards 'same time in 22 days ?' so that was good.

Just had first shot of Pfizer. No 5G yet, and sadly haven't turned into the Toxic Avenger

Just had first shot of Pfizer. No 5G yet, and sadly haven't turned into the Toxic Avenger
    You'll have another chance with the 2nd shot
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    You'll have another chance with the 2nd shot
    But I don't wanna have to wait 2 months for better phone reception and superhero status

At least it was quick to get in and out in half hour or so

People taking animal anti-worming medication as COVID treatment. But we also had Senator Craig Kelly here telling people to take it as an alternative. You cannot make up this stupidity

People taking animal anti-worming medication as COVID treatment. But we also had Senator Craig Kelly here telling people to take it as an alternative. You cannot make up this stupidity
    I started seeing comments and memes on fb about horse dewormer and was really confused, until I saw on the US news program what it was about, and that hundreds of people have been poisoned from it.
    Hospitals over there are over stretched dealing with unvaccinated covid patients and now have to deal with more anti-vaxxer idiots doing anything they can to avoid the vaccine... even if it kills them.

I legit do not understand this mindset. They won't take the vaccine because 'they dont know whats in it' or 'it hasnt been tested' or some BS like that and then they go off and take all these other things seemingly at the drop of a hat and without hesitation.

It's almost like they are trying anything else just to spite the vaccine.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

And today, United Australia Party (Clive Palmer and Craig Kelly) sending out unsolicited texts about vaccine reactions. Having politicians trying to inhibit the vaccine roll-out by spreading misinformation, I wish I could say all I want to say, but suffice to say I really dislike them.