Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'd been wondering that myself. I guess the thing is, people are still going to have to go out to get groceries etc anyway, and unless/until KMart etc get shut down then they'll be there anyway.
    I mean, it's quite possible TF shipments will be heavily reduced/held off on anyway, and it's really hard to see toy stores staying open throughout the whole, likely-months-long ordeal, so it might be mostly a moot point.

Just wondering, should I leave TF's that I buy here in a brick and mortar shop in their packaging for a few days or is it okay to open them up? Only asking because it looks like convid-19 can live up to 72 hours on plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Just wondering, should I leave TF's that I buy here in a brick and mortar shop in their packaging for a few days or is it okay to open them up? Only asking because it looks like convid-19 can live up to 72 hours on plastic.
    It couldn't hurt to be extra-careful?

I wouldn't stress to that degree. Just wash your hands after you've finished playing with them and don't touch your face. When you think about it, are toys from a brick and mortar store any riskier than groceries? There's equal opportunity for someone to have touched either of them and left traces of a disease there.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I wouldn't stress to that degree. Just wash your hands after you've finished playing with them and don't touch your face. When you think about it, are toys from a brick and mortar store any riskier than groceries? There's equal opportunity for someone to have touched either of them and left traces of a disease there.
    *reads comment and touches face*

Goddammit.

*reads comment and touches face*

Goddammit.
    Off to the hospital you go.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Just wondering, should I leave TF's that I buy here in a brick and mortar shop in their packaging for a few days or is it okay to open them up?
    The outside surface of the packaging could possibly have traces on the virus on it from handling at the store. However, the virus does not survive on cardboard for more than 24 hours. Maybe wipe down the clear plastic window with alcohol, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and do not touch the product for 24 hours. However, the toy inside the packaging shouldn't be affected as it has been boxed for months, going by the production codes (eg 93501).

Everyone is accepting card only, no cash. Its stupid cause they handle the game case for example or the boxes of ceral at the checkout. Also they wear gloves but dont change them between customers.

Default Work From Home

Okay, for those of us who are fortunate enough to be working from home, share with us a pic of your home work space.
    Here's what my classroom looks like now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Okay, for those of us who are fortunate enough to be working from home, share with us a pic of your home work space.
    Here's what my classroom looks like now.

You've got fresh air and natural light in there right?