Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I normally catch the train into Sydney for work but I'm in no rush to get back on one.
    I have been working from home, and while I'd rather work at work (which is 2 trains each way), I'm in no rush to get back onto public transport. I'd much rather do my bit to ensuring we don't get a second wave & minimise the deaths.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I just remembered something that I heard on the radio about a week ago... the place in Sydney called Carriageworks (near Redfern), went into voluntary administration, due to having no revenue coming in during the virus, and not having any guaranteed source of revenue for the foreseeable future.

Okay this isn't a huge deal compared to all of the other businesses collapsing at the moment, but it has a history with the Transformers Brand, as it was the location that Paramount Pictures held its press conference in 2007 for the Transformers movie, with Michael Bay, Megan Fox and Rachel Taylor.

And this one, because the board wouldn't let me have more than one video in each post...

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I have been working from home, and while I'd rather work at work (which is 2 trains each way), I'm in no rush to get back onto public transport. I'd much rather do my bit to ensuring we don't get a second wave & minimise the deaths.
    We are probably in the minority, but I too prefer to be in the office rather than WFH. Thankfully I drive to work.

Once everything got shut down including offices there was no need to restrict public transport since peak hour demand had fallen off a cliff anyway. Now that everything is ramping up again it makes sense to restrict usage.

I normally catch the train into Sydney for work but I'm in no rush to get back on one.
    I work for public transport. Whilst regular peak hour demand went down, if you ever saw the fluro brigade catching trains between 4am and 6am, you'd see social distancing wasn't a focus. Trains were still way packed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I work for public transport. Whilst regular peak hour demand went down, if you ever saw the fluro brigade catching trains between 4am and 6am, you'd see social distancing wasn't a focus. Trains were still way packed.
    Fair enough. Thankfully I don't need to get on a train that early!

Fair enough. Thankfully I don't need to get on a train that early!
    Happens. But I can see this will cause more issues than they think. Relies on people to do the right thing too by keeping distance

Quick everyone. Get your hands on hydroxychloroquine before the mass panic buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    Quick everyone. Get your hands on hydroxychloroquine before the mass panic buy.
    As long as you're not...as they say..."morbidly obese"

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    As long as you're not...as they say..."morbidly obese"
    Possible Side effects (may already exist or maybe side effects, I don't know):
    1. Orange face complexion. Interestingly, areas immediately around the eyes are not affected.
    2. Foot in mouth disease.
    3. Speech impediment. For example, pronounce China as 'Chay-na'.