Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1121262728293031

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

I found myself having a chuckle at this webpage from NHK.
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/n...kstories/1079/

I'd like to draw attention to the picture of people spaced out on the train seats, where is this magical train?
    Also down the very bottom,
    Work from home or stagger hours with collegues.
    Also: Work in spacious rooms.

I appreciate their efforts, but there is not a lot of this going on. Also conflicting information.

One section suggests not travelling to areas with high infections and generally avoid travelling. YET the govt has initatied the ever so awesomely name "Go to Travel" campaign where they'll subsidize one's accommodation. So, am I to travel or not?
    They'll follow that up with a "go to eat" campaign subsidizing visits to restaurants. While I see the need to get people spending money (despite the job losses of people), I'd rather see them set up some rules for businesses to follow in regards to spacing and amount of customers per metre etc.

Maybe they're all actually gaijin on the train, and that's why no-one's willing to sit next to them.

One of the schools got shutdown because of COVID. All students told to self-isolate. What about the parents?

Good news about Victoria with new cases down to below 100 yesterday.
    Unfortunately the case numbers in NSW and QLD keep putting along, with new outbreaks popping up just after old ones are considered contained (no more related cases in those areas).

Australia has reached 600 deaths