Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Myer to shut shop for 4 weeks

So that's where all the Optimus' are

I mean I got one from Toyworld but

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    The partial reopening is useful. I tried my luck at getting an Earthrise Astrotrain near the end of the recent 20% off Transformers sale by buying online (random pick between Optimus and Astro). And... I got my 3rd Optimus . I was so sure I'd get an Astro after getting 2 OPs online in the previous sale. I'm glad the free shipping threshold got reduced.

Edit: I now realise my mistake - the gambler's fallacy: a run of OPs doesn't change the probability of getting an Astro (still 50:50). See you soon Myer!
    I'll buy that Optimus from you if you want to go that route instead of returning it.

Myer has been a massive part of my life, from the amazing connected by multiple internal bridges to the five or six level buildings in Melbourne combined into one gigantic store with walls of He-Man and TF on an entire floor, (there may have been some Joe bollocks in there too) then to me finally moving from my retrospectively humble country life to the "bustling metropolis" of Albury/Wodonga where the Albury Myer was a true centrepiece of retail indulgence. Myer imho is a part of Oz, yes, I get that the retail landscape has changed and it seems to me international non-taxpaying corporations have taken over (#cough Amazon). When Myer opened in Townsville in the last eight years it was the best, great quality items but at a higher price, we were happy with that. They had items we couldn't get anywhere else and knew would last way longer.
    We shouldn't crap on Myer right now, again imho. Youtube has recently realised the value of music on their medium, now they want to charge for YT premium to have no ads, this occurred around when Cobra Kai was released (I think) but going by the fact they released S1 and S2 free if you had the timing right their "premium" service was not well received. Myer, much like YT have not adjusted to the new model of retail.
    As someone who has a seven year old daughter I have noticed that Myer's Mattel stock has some great sale prices, so these deals for the public would be coming from the company (Mattel) and not Myer. They have also had some mad TF products at insane prices but I think that comes down to them having too much stock, think Year of the whatever MP-10 Optimus Prime at $119 and even at $99 a few months later. We're toy nerds, their business model is a lot more complicated than we have any idea of.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Ah yes, Clearance pricing was always a double edged sword for me. Good price & trying to find one in minty box condition.

A mate’s wife use to work at Myer. She would let me know of upcoming toy sales. That’s what I miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    So that's where all the Optimus' are

I mean I got one from Toyworld but
    I must be an OP magnet cos my first 2 came from Adelaide Myer!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I'll buy that Optimus from you if you want to go that route instead of returning it.
    Thanks for the offer but I'm going to see if I can swap him for Astro. Myer have the same internal bar code for each of their TFs in the same category, so technically Astro and OP are the same toy??? I guess I'll find out but I don't think I can do it at a click-and-collect booth. Will have to wait for the big reopening (they give you 30 days from then).

I searched the net and discovered the earliest Myer will reopen is 11 May.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I must be an OP magnet cos my first 2 came from Adelaide Myer!
    Stealing it right out from under me, I had to go next door to Adelaide Toyworld you monster!

5 Qld stores will be reopened on Friday - Chermside, Carindale, North Lakes, Townsville and Toowoomba.

2 NSW stores have reopened - Bankstown, Liverpool.