Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Myer to shut shop for 4 weeks

Default Myer to shut shop for 4 weeks

Myer is closing down for 4 weeks.

Sorry, but let em sink. They didn't even tell The workers, they found out from the media. What a joke.

That might not necessarily be the fault of management, I work for a retailer and the social media/marketing department released a COVID-19 update prior to it getting the go-ahead on it because someone jumped the shark. The GM then sent out an email 30 minutes after it had been released and apologised profusely to all saying that the news was supposed to be broken to store teams first before the media release was supposed to be completed.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

On one hand this should hurry along Myer's inevitable death

On the other hand they've really screwed over the majority of their workforce. 10k out of 14k apparently and I feel for all of them. The ones in the toy department have always been welcoming personally and that's a lot of people screwed over without pay.

Luckily they've doubled Newstart, because there's an awful lot of retail stores following suit across the country. I don't know how people managed on Newstart before, though, and how long the Corona supplement will last. I can't see Myer restarting back up and rehiring these people- it will probably file for bankruptcy because they're not going to get a white knight buyer.

Like Bumblebee said, the staff at Myers were really quite helpful, and a model for other retail stores to folllow. They deserve better.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Even if on restart, alot of businesses are gonna collapse because of this and no jobs to go back to. It's gonna be a tough.

As for someone jumping the shark and releasing it to the media, that to me that higher ups don't care for the workers as much as they should. Being in a job where our management are saying they're doing things to keep us safe, but failing at that, I don't have alot of faith. I could be wrong, but it's hard not despair.

Stores still temporarily closed for in store shopping. Bit of an update.

Our Stores
    We are pleased to advise that we have opened Click & Collect from select stores, please check your local store status below to locate the temporary click and collect booth.
    Click and collect booths will be open from Sunday 26th April, 10am – 5pm every day. Please ensure you await your confirmation email before coming to collect.
    The health and safety of our customers, team members and our community are paramount to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19. As such our stores remain temporarily closed for shopping.

The partial reopening is useful. I tried my luck at getting an Earthrise Astrotrain near the end of the recent 20% off Transformers sale by buying online (random pick between Optimus and Astro). And... I got my 3rd Optimus . I was so sure I'd get an Astro after getting 2 OPs online in the previous sale. I'm glad the free shipping threshold got reduced.

Edit: I now realise my mistake - the gambler's fallacy: a run of OPs doesn't change the probability of getting an Astro (still 50:50). See you soon Myer!
    Last edited by Skyfire; 28th April 2020 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    The partial reopening is useful. I tried my luck at getting an Earthrise Astrotrain near the end of the recent 20% off Transformers sale by buying online (random pick between Optimus and Astro). And... I got my 3rd Optimus . I was so sure I'd get an Astro after getting 2 OPs online in the previous sale. I'm glad the free shipping threshold got reduced.

Edit: I now realise my mistake - the gambler's fallacy: a run of OPs doesn't change the probability of getting an Astro (still 50:50). See you soon Myer!
    I saw a Astrotrain at Toymate Cannington this morning if you get stuck with Myer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post

Esp bc it takes 3 weeks to get your $$ back if you use their ParcelPoint return service (already been 2 and that's what they told me when I called this morning, sigh).