Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JP GEN Selects Super Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    I think he's part of Tenet....

He does get quite excited but also does show when he is disappointed at certain releases too with quality control or other design issues.

The only thing that does stand out for me is the figures very hollow looking pieces but that seems to be the norm now for cost cutting and isn't reducing my own anticipation.
    It also cuts down assembly time.

I?m really looking forward to this release and loving the bad-ass new look for Megs. I didn?t ever read the original manga though, so can someone explain the forehead tattoo? Did Megatron get drunk and his friends tattooed him while unconscious?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I?m really looking forward to this release and loving the bad-ass new look for Megs. I didn?t ever read the original manga though, so can someone explain the forehead tattoo? Did Megatron get drunk and his friends tattooed him while unconscious?
    It's a common Japanese prank to draw stuff on your passed out friend's face with a permanent marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    It's a common Japanese prank to draw stuff on your passed out friend's face with a permanent marker.
    I?ve done it myself to friends, and didn?t even know its a foreign tradition! At least with a sharpie marker pen its not permanent.

I don?t have one, but I?ve always wanted to Henna tattoo (its non permanent but they won?t know that, and lasts for weeks) something on a drunk friend. Anyone else has the urge?

Okay, I?m a bad friend.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    The only thing that does stand out for me is the figures very hollow looking pieces but that seems to be the norm now for cost cutting and isn't reducing my own anticipation.
    The hollowness drives me nuts and so does the lack of hand articulation - I'm too used to 3rd party robots.
    Megs does look like a fun figure though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    The hollowness drives me nuts and so does the lack of hand articulation - I'm too used to 3rd party robots.
    Megs does look like a fun figure though.
    He's built off the chassis of one of the worst Voyagers in recent memory. He'll be a great poseable statue, but I think that's the extent of the fun delivered.