Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lego Masters Australia season 2 starts April 19th

Definitely great builds and there's differences in opinion and judging since it's subjective just like the 3D art build. One team focused on the art portion compared to the other teams and was eliminated because of that.

What I don't like is trying to add drama buy having those end of time limit mistakes. Losing a fin and others. That just feels so fake and does that really apply in real life? Also sometimes Hamish cheapens it a bit thru his antics but maybe it does draw other viewers than just those who focus on great builds.

Overall a great show.

I think they needed to balance out the (mostly boys) star wars build with a (mostly girls) friends build. I think most would be very unfamiliar with Friends Lego, which could make it more challenging and more interesting to see how the builders deal with it.

I didn't believe the girl who knew nothing of Lego Star Wars especially if you like/love Lego.

One thing I'd love to see as well, is a speed trial... every team gets the same lego set (in box), and the first it complete it correctly, wins. Something big, but not something technical... to see who tries to cut corners by building parts by sight (looking at the box) instead of following the instructions, and then risks having to pull it apart when they are missing something later, or have left over parts.

Looking at the previously mentioned idea of a leaderboard approach...I like the sound of that but the problem is producers won't. They want edge of your seat suspense and the leaderboard issue is that when a team manages to race ahead of the pack, it could turn viewers off and ratings are all producers care about.

On another note; as a reality show, I'm glad Lego Masters is yet to out stay it's welcome unlike those Big Brother and cooking shows.