Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lego Masters Australia season 2 starts April 19th

Default Lego Masters Australia season 2 starts April 19th

The commercials have started on channel nine, for the second series of Lego Masters to start screening on Sunday April 19th, with the same two hosts.
    Some of the example builds look impressive... so it should be a fascinating viewing again.

I?ve been watching the US series which is coming into the final week/s now. Their production values and judging has been far superior to the Australian first season but I feel the first Australian season had the more complicated and detailed builds. I?m excited for season two as the original series was the best reality show. No sob stories just people being mostly nice to each other while showing off their skills and making amazing creations. I hope the recipe is mostly the same for this season!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The show is still fun to watch, as a toy fan.... but as always, I'm jealous of another toyline having its own show.

I see that Brickman is still playing favourites, and doesn't like it when builders ignore his criticisms, no matter how the build turns out. You can tell from the first episode who he likes more, probably because he already knows them through online communities and events like Brickvention. One pair he didn't like what they were doing early on in the 3rd episode, but I think they pulled it off in the end, however he was still spending a fair bit of time nit-picking it more than others, despite it being better than some of the other builds (in my opinion).
    I can understand that it's a difficult thing to be objective among a small community of fans (in a country like Australia), so I don't think I would want to be in the same position, as I would be worried about upsetting friends who would take it personally if they didn't get chosen.

I noticed that some of the same commercials were being rolled out that are Lego themed (Honda and Kmart) from the last season of the show, but have managed to get a couple of new sponsors with Lego themed commercials.

It?s also the editing process. The US series has had a lot more tie in interviews with competitors and judges and it seems like so much feedback and advice gets cut from the judges and even more of their actual judging. I think in the third episode that they needed to show very specifically why what looked like an amazing build was rated so poorly, the wide sweeping shots do not show the build quality, the castle was very flimsy in many areas and the story was easily lost.

I am amazed at the skill already shown in the second season, I would love the first series teams to come back in the future with the knowledge of the structure and expectations and see what they could produce now they know what time constraints and judging criteria are.

While I think every team deserve to be there an absolutely have skills and knowledge it is a shame that a very weak team from the first two builds won immunity from a fluke shark drop and so another team that had a shocker of an episodic build after two very strong outings went home instead, but that is the nature of the show. The next few builds looks more technical and structural which will definitely hinder some teams over others, but it looks like the challenges are more diverse and require more than just ?pretty? builds. Should be interesting to see what happens and to see if the camera/producer favourites are going all the way or some other teams who barely have had any screen time can win it.

I agree with the editing, having 15 hours of 6 to 8 builds condensed to about 30 minutes.... it's like summerising an essay or movie into one sentence.
    That castle build might have had some issues on the sides but to me the fairy tale was a lot more obvious than some of the others... and he criticised the use of mini figures despite others using them and he didn't say anything about them.

The hanging build should be interesting.

The Star Wars episode on Sunday was pretty good. I loved how much of a fan-boy experience it was for most of those playing that day, and I would have been the same if it was something similar for Transformers.
    A shame that the executives at Channel 9 obviously had no idea about May the 4th day, or else they would have played an extra episode in one of the previous weeks so that the Star Wars episode would have played last Monday (the 4th). And for some reason they didn't spend a little money to use the real Star Wars music.... it was kinda cringe-worthy hearing music that was like knock-off music inspired by Star Wars.
    I really hope that it was intentional for one of the Stormtroopers to hit his head on the roller door... it was such a funny nod to the first Star Wars movie.

That reminds me, the episode where they had to build top and bottom of the table, certainly made it look like there was indeed some favouritism, as any time that there was a required build element, a pair that didn't adhere to that theme (like the previous episode with the 3D build), have always been eliminated. This one was really obvious that the pair building the shark-swimmer, didn't really have anything attached to the bottom of the table, which was the unique challenge of the episode. Without it, it was just a regular build on a table.
    I was really disappointed that Brickman didn't eliminate them, using his usual elimination justification of them "not following the brief". It felt like the time in the first series when he didn't eliminate an obvious pair, which looked like favouritism.
    I'm glad that the girls won their place back in the game, but it really should have been the boys with the golden brick fighting desperately to not have wasted winning the immunity brick. (which they kinda did anyway, now that they are in the finals and can't use the immunity brick)

It's a shame that the series is so short. It could be twice as long, and still be fun to watch.

Feeling nervous about the final episode tonight. Go Jackson and Alex!

What an amazing finale. You really felt like all teams went out with a bang and built something stupendous. I am amazed at what they pumped out in only 28 hours. Once again I feel like the best team won and that was due to their detailed story telling as well as their insanely talented building.

Does anyone else feel like we may get another series this year? (Covid pending). I just hope that channel nine doesn?t do what channel nine does best and kill a fun and different show by trying to overcook their golden goose.

I really do enjoy this show a lot, it's pretty unique in the reality TV world.

I think it would be better if they had a leader board for a few weeks, with some points, just so there was more builds to see each week and there was less likelihood of people being knocked out over a single build where the focus didn't meet their talent focus. (not my idea, I read this on facebook)
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I?d be up for a leaderboard for the whole thing and the winner is the one with the most points. More teams equals more builds which means more wow! Other than the young girls (imagine how much they couldve improved during the show by picking the brains of the other teams!) every team was stupidly talented this season. I think most of the season one teams would?ve competed well in the second season if they?d had the advantage of seeing the show and the expectations and limitations.

I loved that even in the final the contestants were raving over to check out each other?s builds just to enjoy it, no whining or nastiness. They love the medium and used it as a means to play with near unlimited materials rather than a sob fest/melodrama! They looked like a very cool bunch of people to be around.

Bring on an all stars version!