Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you name all the Transformers on your shelf?

Default Can you name all the Transformers on your shelf?

I was wondering how good we are when it comes to naming the Transformers in our displays?

While I'm pretty good at naming all the G1 and CHUG Transformers on my shelf from the first 3 seasons of G1, things get a little hazy from season 4 up until the calculation of the line in '93. I couldn't tell you any of the Target Masters, Head Masters, Powermaster Pretender and Micromaster's names. I've even forgotten the name of the skull-faced Pretender I like that was the leader of the Decepticons near the end of the comics. Even some of the bigger guys like the Seacons, the repaints and retools of Sixshot and the robots in Big Powered is something I need to reference TFwiki for. As for the guys that have been added in the IDW era, I can remember Windblade and that's it.

Beast Wars is easy for me as I only have a small collection of characters from the show.

For RID I couldn't tell you the names of the JRX combiner robots or the Autobot cars.

I've forgotten the names of about half of my small collection of Unicron Trilogy toys.

I actually can name all my Animated toys from my near-complete set of TFA figures. Probably because it leans so heavily on early G1.

So overall I'm guessing I could only name about 70% of the characters on my shelf. The rest of the characters though I need to reference in Tfwiki or the Generations Guide Book.

The bigger figures, I’m probably okay with.
    Micromasters, Minicons, and Titan Masters / Battle Masters I’m probably about 50/50 with

Shouldn't Hasbro have done that already?

I can name all of G1 but only a few of the micromasters. Any line that is full of G1 characters like Animated. Easy i remember most of it. But as for the Unicron trilogy im forgetting names fast. No chance of me remembering any Minicons and about 50% of the figures. Guess I'm getting old.

As someone with 0 connection to any G1 Material, while I can easily smash out all the Bayverse names, probably about 40% of the Generations stuff I have to look up again when I get them out of my displays to play with them-last night I pulled out Highbrow and had to Google to check he wasn't Hightower!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    The bigger figures, I’m probably okay with.
    Micromasters, Minicons, and Titan Masters / Battle Masters I’m probably about 50/50 with
    Agree. I have no idea who any of those little Siege ones are. I just call them John, Bob, Mary etc.

I definitely wouldn't be able to name many of the Micromasters, Minicons or smaller figures in my collection. To me they really are just toys rather than characters and as a kid my headcanon would often repurprose them into other more popular characters just "shrunken down".
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

G1: I'll struggle with 1 or 2 of the Patrols. The Construction Patrol is one of the few I didn't have as a kid - so that one in particular.
    BW: Yeah I'm good with the names there.
    Car Robots: No problem, though I'll struggle with some of the English names

That's the VAST majority of what I have. I do have a whole bunch of Armada Minicons, though I would struggle with names there.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

My shelves are pretty much only CHUG and a few childhood toys, so probably everything except targetmasters, minicons, etc.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I don't do a lot of display anymore. The current Transformers I have out and not in their storage tubs in my house as follows:

Living room sidetable - Studio Series Starscream
    Study desk - WFCS Sideswipe
    Living Room shelf - Iron Factory War Giant (Bruticus)
    On the shelf at my office - Wei Jiang M01-B (upscaled Evasion Prime in Nemesis colours)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.