Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Delayed Post

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Only thing outstanding now is the replacement MP-45 from OMP.
    It just left Singapore yesterday, 2 weeks after OMP posted it. I expect another 2 weeks before it's on my doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I had three parcels turn up today including Seacons. Feels like Xmas in May. lol
    Congrats!

Australia Post must be super overloaded. Express post from Victoria to Perth, over a week and no show. I tested amazons same day delivery, ordered 9pm, got the parcel at 6pm next day somehow!

Got this in my inbox from Australia Post
    Dear Customer,

During these challenging times, Australia Post is working hard to deliver your parcels. Current volumes however exceed even our busiest Christmas period and we are processing close to two million parcels a day. This heavy volume coupled with significantly reduced flights and the impact of social distancing in our facilities has led to delays.

To adapt to these pressures we’ve made the following changes:

Facilities are operating 24/7 and our drivers are delivering on weekends.

Fifteen new or repurposed processing facilities have been added to increase capacity.

Eight extra freighter flights have been added within Australia so we now have seventeen dedicated air freighter flights per day.

Hundreds of casual staff have been recruited into the network and contact centres.

International notifications have been updated for better visibility and we’ll advise you if your parcel needs to go by sea.

Some small changes to help us move your parcel faster:
    Make sure that the label and barcode on your parcels are clearly visible so it’s easier for us to scan.
    Update your delivery address so your favourite websites know that you’re working from home.
    Where possible, use flat standard packaging, as this will make it easier for us to manage and deliver.
    Check the international updates section on our website to see which overseas destinations we are currently sending to and receiving from.

For those sending or waiting on international parcels, please be aware that there are significant delays to many destinations due to limited flights and government restrictions. Impacts to the United States of America, New Zealand, Germany and France are significant with severe delays being experienced. Where airline capacity does become available, we continue to prioritise Express Parcels. A number of destinations also have full service suspensions where we are unable to move parcels due to airport closures or major delivery issues.

We understand that these international and local impacts are frustrating, but our posties, delivery drivers, Post Office team members and contact centre staff are doing their best, so please show them a little understanding.

As a reminder, our tracking tool provides you with the most accurate guidance on estimated delivery dates and advises you of any delays while your parcel is in transit.

To get the most from the post and to stay up to date on on all service impacts, please visit our website.
    Thank you for your patience.

Your team at Australia Post.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Got this in my inbox from Australia Post
    Ditto (on Thursday).

Key message is relax. It will arrive eventually.

Ordered something from Samsung again. Shipped from Sydney but last scan was in Perth, even though I live in Brisbane so no idea what's happened there.

It is quicker to buy stuff from China than in Australia. I sold a plush toy on eBay, posted it the following day as I said I would. The tracking said it was in the post office I posted it from for over a two weeks, finally tracked in Melbourne on the second week, and has been there for now another week. The poor lady has been waiting three weeks for a parcel. I worked out that it is 1000km between our addresses and it would take me ten days to ride 100kms a day on a bicycle. I asked Australia post to look into it; they just claim it covid19.

I contacted the poor lady, she also complained to Aust post. Hopefully, they deliver it to her soon.

There's a guy in WA I know via Discord. He posted an item to someone in Perth, yet somehow the item ended up Sydney and now has to make its way back to Perth. Pretty terrible work Australia Post part.

So I've got FT Iceman ordered from Robot Kingdom. They are suggesting to ship by surface mail (ie boat) but are happy to hold orders until air services resume. According to the shipping guide I'd expect to receive it within about 6-12 weeks. At this stage it's hard to see air mail resuming any time soon since it mostly depends on international passenger travel so I'd probably still get it quicker if I ship now by boat.

Given RK pack really well I'm pretty relaxed that it will arrive safely so I think I'll probably go with the boat option unless anyone wants to talk me out of it based on experience? Is there anyone else with outstanding orders from HK and if so what are you doing with your orders?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    There's a guy in WA I know via Discord. He posted an item to someone in Perth, yet somehow the item ended up Sydney and now has to make its way back to Perth. Pretty terrible work Australia Post part.
    Oh, my goodness.

I have a theory yet I am probably wrong. The government owns Aust Post and won't spend the extra profits on the system during this time. They said they hired more staff and working around the clock yet they also said they are stopping letter deliveries. We know many small parcels go into the letters deliveries. I am probably totally wrong, but the current government like saving money yet they had to spend money, so they need to recoup there loses somewhere.

Wild guess not my area of expertise just wondering how the government is going to fund the increases in welfare and the job keeper. Australia Post makes money on those extra parcels; therefore, the government can profit from the gains, and the poor Aust post people are chasing their tails around with no additional help.

Like my old boss told me to - I quote ''work harder sell more sandwiches so I can buy another. Subway'' I did, and he bought more stores and I well yeah mmmm...

I had 2 Aus Post parcels arrive from Sydney to Perth yesterday - one as a van parcel and one in the general mail. Both took longer than the usual 1 week - about one and a half to two weeks.