Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 177

Thread: Delayed Post

  1. #161
    Join Date
    27th Mar 2020
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Tracking my item & came across this article from a few years back. An inside job & abuse of power.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc...rticle/7411100

  2. #162
    Join Date
    23rd Sep 2014
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    My Fans Toys Iceman arrived safely from Robot Kingdom today two months after it was shipped by boat. There's still no other options available so I'll get them to ship my other two orders by boat also.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2011
    Location
    Gladstone
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    My Fans Toys Iceman arrived safely from Robot Kingdom today two months after it was shipped by boat. There's still no other options available so I'll get them to ship my other two orders by boat also.
    Thanks for that info. My Super Megatron will be my first test of seamail when it starts shipping next month.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    24th May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    34,754

    Default

    If you think that regular mail companies are slow getting to Australia (as opposed to courier companies like DHL, who often use their own planes), Australia Post out of the country is so bad, that an item I posted to America on May 5th, is still sitting in Brisbane somewhere waiting for a plane to America... almost 3 months later.
    Since regular mail from the post office often hitches a ride as cargo inside commercial planes, we just haven't had enough of them flying from here to America to take mail with them.

    Unfortunately, it would be impossible to have the item sent back to me while it is sitting somewhere among thousands of other items in a container waiting to leave the country, so my friend waiting for it could well be waiting at least another 6 months if international flights won't start again between Australia and America before there is a vaccine.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2011
    Location
    Gladstone
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    I wonder if postage delays from Sydney and Melbourne will be a thing again with this second wave of COVID?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    4th Aug 2020
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1

    Default RE: Delayed Post

    I will start off by apologizing if this isn't the right location for this post. I tried to search for similar topics, but couldn't find anything for my specific questions and then I found this. I was planning to ship to Australia last week but wondered if it's possible to ship now that there is a pandemic?

  7. #167
    Join Date
    27th Mar 2020
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydoughert View Post
    I will start off by apologizing if this isn't the right location for this post. I tried to search for similar topics, but couldn't find anything for my specific questions and then I found this. I was planning to ship to Australia last week but wondered if it's possible to ship now that there is a pandemic?
    It may depend what country the parcel will be shipped from.
    From memory:
    * Robotkingdom online retailer (Hong Kong) has suspended air mail service & use sea freight, which takes a lot longer.
    * USA has air freight.

    Welcome to the boards johnnydoughert. Enjoy your time here.

    EDIT: I see you are Rank 1... so makes correspondence a little difficult.
    EDIT: Date stamp of your post says 4th August (10 days ago) yet it apparently appeared in the last 24 hours.
    Last edited by Unicran; 14th August 2020 at 08:59 PM.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    29th Dec 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Usa airmail is also most likely delayed if using the postal services

  9. #169
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2011
    Location
    Gladstone
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    I got this email from a Canadian store I bought some YouTuber merch from. My package is currently making it's way through the USPS system (I guess there's no direct CA to AU via this particular carrier).

    Also, if your new tracking info is showing that your package is in NL, and it shouldn’t be, we’ve just been informed that that is because the USPS has decided to pull out of the international postage system on some level, which means that a lot of international packages are being sent through the Netherlands. We are currently looking into alternative options, but this may be contributing to the delay in some way. Sorry about that.
    Not very reassuring for buying from the US.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

  10. #170
    Join Date
    24th May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    34,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If you think that regular mail companies are slow getting to Australia (as opposed to courier companies like DHL, who often use their own planes), Australia Post out of the country is so bad, that an item I posted to America on May 5th, is still sitting in Brisbane somewhere waiting for a plane to America... almost 3 months later.
    Since regular mail from the post office often hitches a ride as cargo inside commercial planes, we just haven't had enough of them flying from here to America to take mail with them.

    Unfortunately, it would be impossible to have the item sent back to me while it is sitting somewhere among thousands of other items in a container waiting to leave the country, so my friend waiting for it could well be waiting at least another 6 months if international flights won't start again between Australia and America before there is a vaccine.
    Looks like the registered letter did get to America after all... it's just that the Australia Post website didn't show any updates out of Australia, and I don't know why it needs a registered signature if I'm not going to be notified that it was received.
    (and the recipient forgot to tell me that it arrived... )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •