Thread: Comics, where to get them?

Default Comics, where to get them?

Quick question to anyone who gets comics on a regular basis? Where do you get them from? I have had a mail out standing order at Kings Comics for over 20 years. I'm pretty old school in my collecting, i don't ready any online comic related sites, i get my comics in the mail with the current issues of Comic Shop News, check out the upcoming titles and call or email them through to Kings who ad them to my standing order and send them out once a month once they come in. It keeps the postage costs (per comic) to reasonable level and has been very easy to do. They are changing their system to an online platform with weekly mailing only which i worry will increase the price of postage (per comic) dramatically. I was wondering where other collectors get their monthly comics from? There does not seem to be many bricks and mortar comic shops any more and i am unsure if the ones that are around do mail out standing orders. Are there online comic shops that are reliable? My concern would be missing issues or titles for whatever reason and not being able to get them. I like talking to a real person when i have an issue that needs sorting. I am waiting to hear back from Kings about when and how exactly their new system is coming into action but would like to get some other ideas in case i need to find a new source for my monthly comic fix. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers, Ken
    Spiderken Away!

There is a comic shop in Elizabeth Street, Brisbane called Comics Etc. Since the early 1990s, it has moved premises a few times, but has always been located in the Brisbane CBD. The shop has a secondary website called Comics Etc Direct. According to the site, they "order exactly what you want, saving on import charges and avoiding dead stock so you can save big".

Disclaimer: I don't buy comics, so I've never ordered from either of their websites.

Everything is becoming harder to source, and with less competion, very few will have all the power and charge even higher prices online.

Hope you find a store!