Thread: Activision shuts down some TFs game servers

Default Activision shuts down some TFs game servers

In the last few weeks, Activision has announced a number of games that will no longer be supported by their game servers, including some Transformers games, which means multi-player portions of those console games are no longer playable (for some of these games, it is a significant portion that is now unplayable).

In February the Dark of the Moon game was in their listing.
    Last week, the Revenge of the Fallen and Fall of Cybertron games were in their listing.

Fall of Cybertron had some really good multiplayer games on it, so I'll miss that one... but I never got to play the online games for the two Movie games.
    When we lose access to the War For Cybertron multiplayer games (if not already), I'll be really sad, as they had some of my favourites.

Even though I had a terrible connection and a computer that could barely run Fall of Cybertron, I had such a good time pouring time into it. This move isn't completely unprecedented, given that the servers have been pretty much empty since the heyday blew over. It's really sad that online multiplayer games can't age the same as single player ones, so that experience is pretty much gone unless there is a remake in the distant future. I really wish there were a new game to fill that hole and become a mainstay.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I miss the mp in the war/fall of cybertron games, I rocked that scientist class so hard and only stopped because of a lack of decent opponents

I wish the old studio got them back again but alas, we'll be lucky to see another mobile tf game at this point, RIP decent transformer games

Would this affect the multiplayer in story mode for WFC as well? Having another player controlling one of the the guys makes it a lot more fun than the AI mook that are your partners in single player.

A shame to hear about the MP though, WFC and foc were the only games where I actually joined the online MP. I guess anyone who spent money on the skins has lost it now as well. lol.

I did enjoy character creation in them though. Just messing about and changing their colours and stuff. might have to log back in and see if that section survives.

Looks like it is official, the War For Cybertron game and the Rise of the Dark Spark game are now also both removed from the multiplayer servers... which I think is now all of the Transformers games on Playstation & Xbox that had online/multi-player portions of the games.

I have fond memories of many many many hours spent playing the multiplayer games on WFC... it was one of my first games for the PS3, and the first PS3 game that I managed to get all trophies completed.
    I'm really going to miss the Escalation games on WFC, particularly because they could be played on your own on WFC, for hours (it wasn't possible on the FOC game as their maps didn't have any hiding spots, so you needed other people to play with you).