Thread: Licensed Chinese Transformers news

Default Licensed Chinese Transformers news

As Hasbro tries to expand officially into China (including their own exclusive Nezha toyline and online games), especially when there is likely to be a global downturn in sales, a number of licensed items have just shown up online, which the rest of us outside of China gets to see.

A licensed remote control monster-truck/quad-bike with Optimus as the driver, which is a huge 38cm long.

Licensed copper prints and electric toothbrushes - it suggests that they are for a lottery draw, but I would imagine that there would be more made to sell as well.

And one of their many digital games or apps, called Mini World, has been selling Transformers skins for the characters as part of several Hasbro Brands on offer, and has been raking in a fortune... apparently millions of dollars in just the first four months, in just this one country it is available in. That should help offset a drop in sales of physical toys due to the virus this year.

This one is a strange one - licensed acrylic shoe boxes with Transformers characters on them. Sold by GOTO shoe stores in China (and apparently Japan), for this week only.

To be released in China in June is a special Transformers themed 5G phone, both inside (images, wallpaper, etc) and outside (case and charger).
    It is said to be about US$1400. (that's almost AU$2200)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    To be released in China in June is a special Transformers themed 5G phone, both inside (images, wallpaper, etc) and outside (case and charger).
    It is said to be about US$1400. (that's almost AU$2200)
    With a little time, you can make any Android phone into a Transformers themed phone. ¯\_(?)_/¯

Looks like it's non-transforming. There wouldn't be a price tag I wouldn't pay for a working transforming one (even if just old Nokia style)
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

A Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee model kit, coming out in China in July.