Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MPM-10 Starscream

Default MPM-10 Starscream

Very impressive bot mode. Will be good to start filling out the Con movie ranks.

https://youtu.be/yz6XTVIGJJ0

It's a great video to show off the robot mode. Seems an odd channel to see it on (leak?)

The jet mode though... I think the last MPM Starscream (the HFTD Leader) was better in that regard - still a lot underthere but more tightly packed. I kind of expected they'd do more to conceal his legs/arms in a made-for-masterpiece version of the character.

I hoped for a better jet mode but all my MPMs are displayed in bot mode anyway.

MPMs aren't really my thing, but it does look like a nice toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I hoped for a better jet mode but all my MPMs are displayed in bot mode anyway.
    I guess all TF jets invariably suffer from carrying the robot on the undercarriage (to varying degrees).

TFW2005 has official product photos as well as screencaps from the video: https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/04/13/...-images-409878 Note the detachable Gatling cannon for the robot mode forearm mounted under the nose.

The figure itself looks great, but I'm not sold on the vehicle mode paint scheme - MPM-1 had a paint scheme that looks more like a real F-22 Raptor than this one. Hopefully the paint scheme gets changed before mass production.

This looks great. I'll follow it. MPs aren't really for me because I tend to play with my figures quite a lot, but I'll likely get this one at some point. I have too much fondness for this design not to.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Waiting for the news of the next mpm which is hopefully Ratchet and is not an target usa exclusive like starscream

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Waiting for the news of the next mpm which is hopefully Ratchet and is not an target usa exclusive like starscream
    The rumour mill was pretty strong for Starscream and Ratchet for 2020 so fingers crossed we?ll see the green (yellow?) fella by the end of this year as well.

That’s one ugly chicken....still getting it though.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

For some reason after watching the video the design borrows elements from the current voyager and the deluxe it was based off, namely the arms (they tuck in underneath and seem to function the same) and how the wings fold (based on the "cuts" the jet mode has), of course without seeing how it works I can easily be wrong.

I'm just not as impressed I guess as I thought I would be, no I'm not saying its the same mold god know but I'm SPECULATING it may borrow some of the engineering, of course from a glance, still getting it like any seeker fan would I just wonder if he may scale with the old mp starscream in the slightest (or least so the jet mode doesn't look like a midget version-of course I know he's meant to scale with other mpm's but that would be a delight if his jet mode ended up being the same as the older f15 )
    Last edited by hYpNoS; 14th April 2020 at 11:35 PM. Reason: fixed typo