Thread: Custom Action Master Jackpot w/ Sights

Default Custom Action Master Jackpot w/ Sights

Another in my series of Action Master commissions from the last few years. Using POTP Jazz and Titan Master Ptero as the base models, I repainted the figure top to bottom with lacquers from SMS and some labels (and offcuts) from Toyhax.
    Jackpot's head has been entirely re-sculpted using resin cast parts (from a FOC Starscream head) and styrene to form the back of the head, chin guard and grill vents.
    Jackpot's gun has been redesigned to fit onto Sights to make a longer rifle, as per the original G1 model.
    The alt mode is a little plain, but it differentiates him from the recent Generations Select Ricochet.
    Some photos taken by @shadow.maru00 (on FB and IG), used with permission.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Man that looks nice. The colour scheme really works. I love the metallic blue.

What is the deal with the front bumper between the air intakes. It seems to be a different colour and pattern in every picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Man that looks nice. The colour scheme really works. I love the metallic blue.

What is the deal with the front bumper between the air intakes. It seems to be a different colour and pattern in every picture.
    It's a chrome sticker. It's reflecting whatever is around it. You're right, it looks entirely different in each shot, I hadn't noticed that before.

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms

What paint did you use for the interior of the car and the head? The head looks awesome.

It just annoys me that half of the customs you make I have never heard of or seen before so I would probably be more amazed when I first saw them if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    What paint did you use for the interior of the car and the head? The head looks awesome.

It just annoys me that half of the customs you make I have never heard of or seen before so I would probably be more amazed when I first saw them if I did.
    The inside of the clear windows are painted with chrome/silver. The head was hand painted with acrylic silver but in retrospect I should’ve masked it and airbrushed it. I didn’t like the finish on it, so I used the same chrome stickers and cut them to size to fit the front of the head.

To be honest, I haven’t heard of all the characters I’m commissioned to make either (there’s one that I’ll reveal in the next month or so when it reaches its overseas destination) that I didn’t know existed at all.

Dare I say it, I think you hit the character's namesake on this custom

You have successfully made me regret passing over that Jazz mold every time I saw it. Well done.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.