Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle Iceburns Tech Help Desk

Quote Originally Posted by Linthart View Post
    updated my post blackie
    thats the exact one im running atm :P
    its pretty good, im just too lazy to have to get the dl links for all the videos :P

cheers for the help mate

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I had that one not too long ago, I found that logging into windows live (messenger/GFWL) solved it.
    I've tried this now and am still locked out. Looks like that email address is gone, along with all the emails in it, to digital heaven. There goes all my msn contacts, my ebay account, and probably other things I can't think of.

Does anyone know if it is it possible to change the password on a hotmail account with typing in your current password?

PB, if you have an alternate email address listed in Hotmail settings.. you should be able to change it.

Hi guys - I have a general computer problem that is preventing me from using the Internet (and thus visiting the forum) from home.

My Toshiba Tecra A2's Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG has ceased to detect my home wireless network when I 'View Available Wireless Networks' on Windows XP, regardless of my proximity to the network. Consequently, it will not log on to the Internet. It does, however detect at least seven other nearby networks - just not my own. This is particularly odd, since Sarah's laptop is still detecting the network and her internet is functioning as per usual. Thus, I'm assuming it's a fault within my laptop rather than with the router/modem etc. I've tried switching everything off and on again, as well as a system restore. So the main reasons why I'm at a loss as to what to do are:

a.) it was all working at 7am in the morning, but when I came back to the computer at 11:30am it had stopped detecting my network. Nothing new had been done to the laptop in this period. It just stopped detecting.

b.) it still detects other networks, but not our household one. (This is the weirdest bit.)

c.) everything is still working fine on our local network from Sarah's wireless laptop.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Argh. Hotmail wont let me log in, its not accepting my password. Could someone have hacked into the account? (If so apologies if anyone's got weird emails!) I've tried reseting the password but it wont accept my postcode and secret answer question either. Anyone have any tips??
    After dealing with Microsoft and providing lots of details about the content of my Hotmail inboxes, I now have access again to my Hotmail/MSN account.

It appears someone did change my password and while they had access they changed my Ebay account password, listed an item for sale and then Ebay realised some fraud was going and suspended my account.

I have access to Ebay again now but still working out if my account's still suspended or not. I have one email saying "you're suspended" that came after one that said "your account's been disabled for your safety".

A couple of tips if I may:

1. Pick good passwords. If your password is in the dictionary, you've failed. Make sure it's a combination of letters, numbers and characters, Make it a sentence if that helps, e.g. 1thinkp@sswordsSuck!

2. Do not participate in security questions, e.g. What is your Mother's maiden name? I know that in most cases you have to participate, so what I mean, is don't choose the correct answer. It's way too easy to find out someone's mother's maiden name, their favorite sports team, or the town they were born in. So, always put false information. Be consistent with your false information for your own sake.

3. Do the same thing for your birthday. Give yourself an alternate birthday and use that all the time.

My tip is register similar or linked accounts with different email address.

The person who stole my hotmail address was able to request a lost password from ebay, but fortunately my paypal account is registered to a different email so they couldn't pull of the scam they tried to do.

(Also fortunate that my bank requires SMS codes to change details so they couldn't pull the same trick with them as well)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    3. Do the same thing for your birthday. Give yourself an alternate birthday and use that all the time.
    I do that every day of the week. Explains why my wallet's so light these days.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

uncle iceburn i skinned my knee

my phone, i thought it may have gotten a bit wet from the rain, but i left it for a day to dry out. And then it wouldnt unlock and none of the buttons would work

Then after a day it seemed to return to working condition.

Then after another day, after being dry at home all day, its gone back to turning itself off

the phone is 5yrs old, but it wasnt dropped recently or anything

do they have phone repair places?

the sim card that comes out, when i tried to stick it in a friends phone, it came up with my friends contacts and messages etc. I thought sim cards had the contacts and messages etc

ta

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    I thought sim cards had the contacts and messages etc
    Not any more, at least not by default.