Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle Iceburns Tech Help Desk

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    uncle iceburn i skinned my knee

my phone, i thought it may have gotten a bit wet from the rain, but i left it for a day to dry out. And then it wouldnt unlock and none of the buttons would work

Then after a day it seemed to return to working condition.

Then after another day, after being dry at home all day, its gone back to turning itself off

the phone is 5yrs old, but it wasnt dropped recently or anything

do they have phone repair places?
    When phones get wet...it's the worst situation of all. it's best you consider getting a new phone as repair costs are not fixed and it could even be worth getting a new one fast and quick.

the sim card that comes out, when i tried to stick it in a friends phone, it came up with my friends contacts and messages etc. I thought sim cards had the contacts and messages etc

ta
    okay.... this is abit tricky
    old phones used to read memories from simcard direct
    as newer phones evolved with memory cards of their own, the memory by default will be stored in the phone and no longer the sim card.

there are settings in the phone to which you can twig to have your new/old contacts saved and backed up to the simcard for future use.
    the reason why you are seeing your friend's contact and messages is because it's not accessing your simcard directly.... you'll find a few of your old contacts still stored safely if you had it for quite awhile now. *mine did, trust me*

Thankyou

i went to the shop today, and after waiting 20 minutes to be served. They just kept trying to flog me a new phone, and the sales man just made vague remarks on why mine wasn't working.

This looks the best place to ask this, although it's more a software than hardware issue.

On Facebook when you remove a friend I know they don't get a message. But what if you decide that deleting the friend was a rather rash decision made in the heat of anger and want to add them back. Do they get a new Friend Request or not because they already once accepted your request?

If they also deleted me as a friend I'd imagine that a request would be required, but I'm wondering if the other person didn't actively knock back my friendship (the way I did ) they might not even know I deleted them...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    This looks the best place to ask this, although it's more a software than hardware issue.

On Facebook when you remove a friend I know they don't get a message. But what if you decide that deleting the friend was a rather rash decision made in the heat of anger and want to add them back. Do they get a new Friend Request or not because they already once accepted your request?

If they also deleted me as a friend I'd imagine that a request would be required, but I'm wondering if the other person didn't actively knock back my friendship (the way I did ) they might not even know I deleted them...
    DID YOU DELETE ME!? *checks friends list*

To answer your question, they'll get a new friend request. At least it's not like that Hungry Jack's campaign with an application where if you deleted ten friends you'd get a free burger, however the friend would get an automated message on their page saying they had been deleted and why.
    Last edited by Sleeve; 8th January 2010 at 11:24 PM.

Thanks you're still on my list

So no sneaking around the fact I removed someone from my friends list. Darn it. Oh well there was a good reason I removed him and I probably should leave it like that.

From here
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Prime View Post
    If I want to send a message via MSN how do I accomplish this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8uSy...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuxYvqwASYE

Hope that helps.

Question posed by autocon here:

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    are there any programs i need to stop people from hacking my wireless? im new to wireless

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I'm assuming you mean your wireless network at home? Depending on the brand of your wireless modem/router, you need to find your router login details (usually its n ip address, eg 192.168.x.x) You then need to find the default login and password. normaly its written on the bottom of the router/ modem. and will be something like,
    username: admin
    password 123456 or just password.

Once your in, you need to navigate to the security settings (again where these settings are located will vary by brand) and firstly change your router logon password, then find your wireless settings and set the kind of key you want to use. WEP WPPA etc, it should generate you a alpha numerical key which is what will grant wireless devices (such as laptops, iphones, psp) access to your wireless connection =]
    ~

I'd like to watch some of my DVDs on my iPhone, but I need some software to help me convert them. I've got HandBrake (for PC) but the video is badly distorted after conversion. Any tips for what I should use?

i have 2 PIFSvc.exe running on my windows task manager

should i have two? one says Dianne the other SYSTEM under username colum