Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Long time Lurker, first time poster...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Karingal's closer to you than Fountain Gate. Check the Melways for it but don't worry about checking their Big W this week. I went there just yesterday....
    Nice customs too!
    I checked out the Karingal Big W the other day... probably the worst Big W I have ever been to... it reminded me of Kmart.

I've come to the same conclusion as you regarding Henkei Thrust and Dirge... they're just too expensive for a pair of Deluxes, I don't care how limited they are. *sigh* :/

It really is a shame... the classic seeker mold is, in my opinion, the jewel in the classics line. The triple changers are flawed, the leaders (megatron and galvatron) are both huge compromises, Soundwave is pretty much G1 and I... ummm... don't own the larger universe figures. The Autobots are better, but most people have at least 1 valid complaint each figure... could be wrong, most people liked Jetfire.

The seekers were simple, intelligent, complete and beautiful... Until Hasbro didn't see a future. Now we have on set of exclusives with poor imagination (the botcon set) and a further set of exclusives in a period of (apparent) extreme decline in quality control. For the price of a masterpiece transformer you can get a deluxe that will have numerous manufacturing flaws and a 'classics' theme (because funpub were to dull to think of one for theres). Yes they are beautiful toys... I would pay $29.99 at myer or maybe even $50 at toys r us... but... not... a hundred dollars.

I didn't like Classics Soundwave because:
    1/ Being a G1 mould, it looks out of place in the Classics line.
    2/ Blue Soundblaster =/= Soundwave IMO.

I sold my Classics Soundwave quickly after getting Encore Soundwave.

hehe I liked classics Soundwave because

1. I had never owned a Soundwave toy. Even though the chest is wrong, it's still good to me.

2. He not only came with Laserbeak.. but also Ravage. Owning Ravage was very important to me.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    hehe I liked classics Soundwave because

1. I had never owned a Soundwave toy. Even though the chest is wrong, it's still good to me.

2. He not only came with Laserbeak.. but also Ravage. Owning Ravage was very important to me.
    I like my Commemorative Soundwave better than my G1 Soundwave just coz he looks better IMO. Love that big manly chest. Also I painted his eyes red so he looks even cooler. In my Classics line I have the MP3 Soundwave standing in with the reprolabels upgrade.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I like my Commemorative Soundwave better than my G1 Soundwave just coz he looks better IMO. Love that big manly chest.
    ditto But if he'd had a chest big enough to fit all 3 original cassettes at once... *drool*

Well, I already had original G1 Soundwave and reissue Soundblaster long before Hasbro reissued Soundwave, so when I got that toy I was sorely disappointed with it. I wanted a reissue so that I could "retire" my original G1 and have a reissue to play with. I already have Soundblaster, so I didn't need another version of that mould - and quite frankly, I see them as different incarnations anyway (like Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime). As for Ravage, I already had original G1 Ravage and reissue Ravage (that came with TFC Soundblaster) so I didn't need a 3rd G1 Ravage at all. Anyway, I got Encore Soundwave now so I'm happy.

I took these pictures of G1, Encore and Classics Soundwave before I sold off my Hasbro reissue Soundwave.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Yeah my Commemorative Soundwave doesn't really fit into any of my lines (coz G1 goes with G1 and MP3 goes with Classics) so he just stays with me and my pc.

Got Soundblaster as well but he's still MISB until I get around to watching the Japanese G1 cartoons.

hehehe I'm too lazy to read all the previous posts, and sorry for the late welcome (yay another melbournian!), I was a lurker as well in the beginning, only here to check out the sightings thread, but now it seems a loooonggggg time since I've been here.

If you have friends from overseas or you are planning to go overseas, Singapore has Henkei Dirge and Thrust for SGD$160 a pair or $135 per pair if you pre-order before 30 Nov.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!