Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long time Lurker, first time poster...

Default Long time Lurker, first time poster...

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, my names Daniel... I guess you could call me a G1 purist. I'm one of those people that switched off after g1 and switched back on with the arrival of the 'Bay' movie.

I don't really have a collection and am not a tranformers completist by any means... but I have some nice classics... a few movie toys... a couple of masterpieces... and a few fixed, broken and sometimes incomplete survivors from the great g1 wars.

Will post some pics sometime soon.

My main problem atm it deciding whether or not to get the two exclusive coneheads recently announced. I love Dirge so much that I made one out of Ramjet... and Thrust is the missing member of the conehead crew (I have g1 thrust standing in).

My seekers break down like this;
    Classics Starscream
    Classics Skywarp (target)
    Homemade Thundercracker (Classics Starscream repaint)
    Classics Ramjet
    Homemade Dirge (Classics Ramjet repaint / wing mod)

I just dunno if I can justify the $90 price...

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Hey Mate! (Don't worry about the Lurker-thing - we were all lurkers at some point... )

Welcome to the boards d*r*j*.

Instead of thinking, "Oh the price" for a new figure think "How much would I appreciate the figure?"

I'm kinda like you, I Love G1 and I'm not really fussed about any show that has come after. (Though I hate to admit I'm a sucker for the new Animated)

If a new figure is going to be something that makes you totally happy then buy it. (If its in budget range of course)

I like the new 2007 Movie and am looking forward to part 2. I like some of the movie toys, but have never purchased one. Why? Because I like other stuff more. Masterpiece, Re-issues, BinAlts, and even Animated and Revoltech.

Appreciation before Quantity, for me. And to the guys with massive collections I have nothing but respect.

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Firstly, welcome. I was a lurker for a year or so before I joined up too.

Secondly about justifying $90. I think justification always comes down to your own preferences. I by no means buy all transformers, I find it very hard to justify having 2 of a same mold, in fact the only time I have is with Masterpeice Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime and Starscream Japan and Starscream G1 Masterpieces and that was only because I got Ultra Magnus from Target first for $80 and I got the Japan Starscream first and then wanted one tough enough for me to transform more than once.

In the end, it comes down to what you collect. If you are a big fan of the seekers then I reckon go for it. However if the justification is more if you should spend the money on transformers at all or something else, like house deposit or something then that's a personal issue for sure

No doubt all here will have their sugestions lol, that's just my lose thoughts.

Again welcome, enjoy, share

Welcome to Ozformers!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

welcome

Welcome to another Transfan from my part of town.

The new Seekers are a pricey addition to your collection. Have you checked out the pictures of what the Henkei ones look like? That's been a deciding point for several people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    Firstly, welcome. I was a lurker for a year or so before I joined up too.

Secondly about justifying $90. I think justification always comes down to your own preferences. I by no means buy all transformers, I find it very hard to justify having 2 of a same mold, in fact the only time I have is with Masterpeice Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime and Starscream Japan and Starscream G1 Masterpieces and that was only because I got Ultra Magnus from Target first for $80 and I got the Japan Starscream first and then wanted one tough enough for me to transform more than once.

In the end, it comes down to what you collect. If you are a big fan of the seekers then I reckon go for it. However if the justification is more if you should spend the money on transformers at all or something else, like house deposit or something then that's a personal issue for sure

No doubt all here will have their sugestions lol, that's just my lose thoughts.

Again welcome, enjoy, share

Don't get me wrong... I got masterpiece optimus prime (MP-4) from target for $200, Ultimate Bumblebee from Target for $120 and masterpiece starscream from Toys r Us for $100... I can spend money on toys, especially Transformers.
    But these guys are really small, not vintage and incredibly pricey. Even the regular seekers aren't cheap at the $25-30 they retail for in Australia.
    Having said all that... I still want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Welcome to another Transfan from my part of town.

The new Seekers are a pricey addition to your collection. Have you checked out the pictures of what the Henkei ones look like? That's been a deciding point for several people.
    Yeah, really like the Dirge... think the stripes are great. Like the 'anatomically correct' photoshops of Thrust. In general like the coneheads more than the original 3 seekers...