View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robots In Disguise (Car Robot)

3 15.00%
  • Unicron Trilogy

0 0%
  • Live Action Movie

4 20.00%
  • Animated

7 35.00%
  • Aligned

3 15.00%
  • Cyberverse

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

3 15.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is your favourite Optimus Prime/Convoy (besides G1)?

Galaxy Convoy for me

Live Action Movie Prime for me by default since I'm only a G1 and Movie fan. Design preference would be the Bumblebee movie design (ie closely G1) followed by the Bayverse movie's 1-3 design.

Animated Prime for his design, characterisation and leadership growth over the course of the TFA run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Galaxy Convoy for me
    For the purposes of this poll, that would count under "Unicron Trilogy".
    Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Live Action Movie Prime for me by default since I'm only a G1 and Movie fan. Design preference would be the Bumblebee movie design (ie closely G1) followed by the Bayverse movie's 1-3 design.
    Bumblebee Movie Prime counts as "Live Action Movie" for this poll.

I get that these might be your favourite incarnations of UT and Movieverse OP respectively, just as someone might consider Powermaster Optimus Prime to their favourite incarnation of G1 Optimus Prime, and someone else might find IDW OP to their favourite G1 OP, but if G1 OP were a poll option here it would still just be "Generation 1." I wouldn't split it up into all the various versions of G1 OP.

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Animated Prime for his design, characterisation and leadership growth over the course of the TFA run.
    That's a fair point. While I still prefer Fire Convoy (mostly as a toy), I must admit that Animated OP was definitely the better written character and he did have the most character development out of all non-G1 Optimus Prime characters.

Quick question: if I were to make a poll like this for Megatrons (non-G1), should I include Beast Wars Megatron or not?
    Because technically he does qualify as a non-G1 Megatron, but on the other hand, I didn't include Optimus Primal in this poll (and he wasn't included in McFeely's Basics on Optimus Prime video, although he's already had a Basics video done)

I voted other and that one is the Platinum Edition Optimus Prime with Sideswipe is one of my all time favorites, as that is what the movieverse Optimus figure should look like .

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Bumblebee Movie Prime counts as "Live Action Movie" for this poll.

I get that these might be your favourite incarnations of UT and Movieverse OP respectively, just as someone might consider Powermaster Optimus Prime to their favourite incarnation of G1 Optimus Prime, and someone else might find IDW OP to their favourite G1 OP, but if G1 OP were a poll option here it would still just be "Generation 1." I wouldn't split it up into all the various versions of G1 OP.
    Oh I did vote for Live Action Movie Prime. I was just explaining that within this category, my favourite design was the Bumblebee version. Didn't expect you to break it down further for the vote options.

Design wise, I'd have to choose Cybertron/Universe Galaxy Force OP and his black and red color scheme is the icing on the cake.

When it comes to personality it has to be Prime Beast Hunters OP. Never have I seen a more selfless Optimus.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    2007-pre-murderous-movie-Optimus-Prime.
    I second this.

I do have a soft spot for Transformers Prime Optimus too - he had the potential to be more but they rarely let him be more than a monodramatic figurehead.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My favourite non-G1 Optimus Prime would have to be Fire Convoy (RID Optimus Prime). Out of the other non-G1 Primes, only he and Movieverse Optimus Prime transform into licensed vehicles; the others are all fictitious alt modes. Which is fine, but I prefer real-life based alt modes as they really play on the "robots in disguise" element of Transformers to me. The other thing that appeals to me about Fire Convoy is his persona; I love how he's a hero even when he's not fighting 'Cons, as he actually works with human firefighters saving lives.

While Movieverse Prime does have licensed vehicle modes too, I find him to be lacking in the heroic department; he was fine in Bumblebee and the 2007 film, but in the Bayformer sequels I found that he basically just became a brute. Even as Chris McFeely's video points out, he became less like how Larry Cullen advised Peter Cullen to play Optimus Prime like; "Be strong enough to be gentle." I find that Fire Convoy is strong enough to be gentle. But yeah, it's the combination of those two main factors that make Fire Convoy my favourite non-G1 Optimus Prime - he's a realistic licensed fire engine and he saves lives beyond just bashing bots.

And to top things off, while Car Robot was a short-lived line it was the first line to give us post-Beast Wars TFs as transformable action figures with licensed vehicle modes. This directly inspired Takara to create Binaltech and Masterpiece, and has in turn come to influence many recent lines including some CHUG and many Movieverse toys (and to Movieverse's credit, that series has given us a lot of Transformers based on licensed vehicles). Next time you're playing with a fully articulated licensed vehicle Transformer toy, thank Car Robot.

That's still G1 Optimus Prime (reanimated & reprogrammed as a zombie by the Quintessons); you could argue that it's a proto-form of what we would come to call Nemesis Prime (although there was an even earlier version in "Attack of the Autobots"; see The Basics on Nemesis Prime for more). I personally thought that Zombie Starscream was scarier and more of a true zombie. Or even creepier were the Destroids; zombies created by the Decepticons using human corpses, and if that wasn't creepy enough, the Mark II Destroids were made by converting living humans! (and they were harder to "kill" too).
    I’m curious about you calling him “Fire Convoy” as if you are referring to the Japanese version Car Robots over the US version RID. Because Fire Convoy is a different character to Optimus in Car Robots and as such is not valid in this discussion. Much in the same way you didn’t include Optimus Primal because he’s, you know, not Optimus Prime.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Character is Animated.

Design is the 2007-2011 Movie Prime
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.