5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Age of Distinction Model

3 60.00%
  • Popularity Model

1 20.00%
  • Mathematical Model

1 20.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do you divide up the original Generation 1 era?

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    About the virus...
    Please show me where people say otherwise, and i'll go take my Science degree in Microbiology (you know... viruses and stuff) back for a refund..... Would only be 20 years of my life ruined if true...
    Sigh. Very disingenuous. I too have a science degree in Biology. If you understand microbiology you should know full well about why there's a grey area.

At any rate, and this is not directed at Krayt in particular, it seems too many want to nitpick at Gok's ideas than contribute. I'm no longer going to follow the comments in this thread. If you don't like the premise of the post, ignore it rather than split hairs. I'm not wasting any more of my time here. I'd rather enjoy my Transformers.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Sigh. Very disingenuous. I too have a science degree in Biology. If you understand microbiology you should know full well about why there's a grey area.

At any rate, and this is not directed at Krayt in particular, it seems too many want to nitpick at Gok's ideas than contribute. I'm no longer going to follow the comments in this thread. If you don't like the premise of the post, ignore it rather than split hairs. I'm not wasting any more of my time here. I'd rather enjoy my Transformers.
    Why not do what we want, and go back and add the options we want???

Or is it because Kelvin doesn’t want you too?

That is crap. How are we supposed to contribute when the option we are requesting is intentionally not being added to the poll? And once again you tell us that essentially if we don’t like the options, then bugger off? Where’d you learn your polling skills? Russia?

None of what I have said is nitpicking. An idea has been thrown out to be supposedly discussed by all but it appears as though a discussion was not really being sought, rather the validation of one of 3 ideas that a small group of fans have decided they want to impose on the rest of the board. If you need any further evidence, only 4 people have voted. Either the member engagement on OTCA is at an all time low or none of the provided options are proving popular.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Continents as we understand them are a Geopolitical distinction

Once again, Continents as we understand them are a Geopolitical distinction

A planet is a celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and (c) has cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit.

Non-living. They require a "host" to provide the mechanics of replication.

They aren't. "Declaration on the common language" was issued in 2017.

1: The Korean War.
    2: Taiwan is seperate... Unless you are Chinese. They are seeking their seat on the UN seperate from China.

Becaue January and February were added circa 713BC

A vowel is a sound, not a letter!

Sometimes, the letter "y" is a consonant, and other times it is a vowel. The rule for telling the two apart is simple: The letter "y" is a consonant when it is the first letter of a syllable that has more than one letter. If "y" is anywhere else in the syllable, it is a vowel.

Sometimes, the letter "w" is a consonant, and other times it is a vowel. The rule for telling the two apart is simple: The letter "w" is vowel when it's part of the second vowel in a double vowel.

We don't "just decide" on anything... these things have facts and proof... not just whatever you want to decide on
    You've put a smile on my dial Krayt, mostly because you bothered to respond.

Perhaps nitpicking is happening because that's what Gok tends to do everywhere he posts, and people probably don't want to have their noses rubbed in the 'results' of this poll every time a G1 toy or character is mentioned for the foreseeable future in a way that doesn't specifically conform to the 'preferred' of the options presented here, effectively reducing their ability to just enjoy their Transformers. Especially if there is collection counting involved.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I too have a Science Degree...

*snip*
    I too have a science degree in Biology.
    *snip*
    "The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli. I got about fifty feet out and suddenly, the great beast appeared before me. I tell you, he was ten stories high if he was a foot."

Well, that settles it. The poll has been running for almost 2 months now. The poll unequivocally shows the preference for the Age of Distinction model, three times the vote of any other option on the poll.

Post removed. Let's me mature & respectful, please.
    Last edited by dirge; 1st July 2020 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Sarcastic quip at OP
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    Well, that settles it. The poll has been running for almost 2 months now. The poll unequivocally shows the preference for the Age of Distinction model, three times the vote of any other option on the poll.
    [mod] I hope this is a sincere statement. If not, be aware that I will be removing sarcastic & trolling comments (regardless of who they're aimed at). There's too much of happening lately, and frankly, it's ruining my enjoyment of this board seeing some members intent on picking at others they don't like [/mod]

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister