Thread: Second Transformers Movie being planned for 2022

Default Second Transformers Movie being planned for 2022

In addition to the animated movie being announced here, Hasbro has announced a second movie is officially being planned, as a live-action movie, for a release on June 24th 2022.

It is being noted that two live-action options are being developed and scripted, but only one will be chosen for filming for that 2022 release date.

Two scripts are currently in development; one by Murder Mystery scribe James Vanderbilt and the other by John Wick Chapter 3 scribe Joby Harold. The Vanderbilt project, is based on Transformers: Beast Wars while the other is reportedly in the Bumblebee Universe.
    This will mean that the winner of those two live-action stories, will be produced along side the animated movie announced the other day.

Most of these ideas were floated some time ago after the "writers room" resulted in several movie options, including an animated movie and a Beast Wars movie. Another Bumblebee movie is not surprising, as it would be easier to build on an existing movie, than to start from scratch.

I'm keen for a lot more movies, but I do hope they don't flood the market in the same way Star Wars has, with a movie literally every year for 6 years. I loved that too but I think the regularity did soften the general publics interest.

Beast wars is a very interesting option. the technology is there without a doubt, the last live action Lion king movie proved that. Again, I'm not sure it's something the general movie going public will be in to. I hope they clarify that the beast characters are different from the vehicle characters in a clear way otherwise we're going to have a new 2 year window of Truk not Monkey, which will probably happen to some extent anyway.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Fingers crossed it is the “Bumblebee Universe” movie that gets chosen.

I'm happy with either option. If they go Bumblebee I hope there's a bit of a time jump to the '90s. I enjoyed the nostalgia of Captain Marvel being set in that time, but that's just me.
    If they go Beast Wars I'm not expecting it to tie in with the original series in any way outside of a few easter eggs. I just hope it's good.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I hope the bumblebee universe gets chosen

The proposed movie for mid 2022 was mentioned publicly again by Hasbro (America) at a recent licensing event, noting...

We are in deep development along with our partners at Paramount on the 7th Live Action Feature of the Transformers Franchise. Slated to release in Summer 2022. The next blockbuster film will bring action-packed, high adventure from the lore which will thrill audiences worldwide and will continue to propel the franchise forward.

If they go down the Optimus Prime Movie path, personally feel Motormaster would be a good antagonist and would like to have possible Deception Seeker appearances of Thundercracker or Skywarp with reporting back to starscream since Megatron is on ice at "sector 7"

Obviously there would need to be Autobot Fodder and doubt we can use Cliffjumper again ;p so maybe a Brawn, Sunstraker, Bluestreak, smokescreen etc?

I'd like to see the movie focus on a new or lesser known character.
    But they won't because Hollywood is risk-adverse.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd like to see the movie focus on a new or lesser known character.
    But they won't because Hollywood is risk-adverse.
    They have other characters? * looks around confused*