View Poll Results: Worth buying?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 45.45%
  • Only if cheap

1 9.09%
  • Only if something else (please specify)

1 9.09%
  • No

2 18.18%
  • Not even interested

2 18.18%

Thread: Toy Review - Studio Series Bumblebee (2008 Concept Camaro)

Default Toy Review - Studio Series Bumblebee (2008 Concept Camaro)

BUMBLEBEE
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Studio Series (Transformers)
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 8
    Released here - May 2020
    Approximate Retail Price - $29
    Approximate Size - 12cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - 2008 Concept Camaro
    Main Features/Gimmicks - N/A
    Main Colours - yellow, black
    Main Accessories - gun

PHOTOS

While this is a new mould it does have a lot of shared engineering with The Last Knight Deluxe Bumblebee (which has become the template for most SS Bumblebees). I do really like how the gun is an actual held accessory instead of the interchangeable arm. While this may not be as screen accurate as the interchangeable arm, it's still something that I much prefer. It's far less hassle for one thing. The head is sculpted with the battle mask for a face, so it's not a removable mask like SS18. While having a detachable mask would've been nice, I'm perfectly fine with the permanent mask - it's no better or worse than the standard face.

Some down sides...
    * Very fiddly transformation where the waist is initially prone to popping off. Although this gets better as you swivel the waist more to reduce the amount of friction on the mid-section joint.
    * The headlights can be tricky to align properly with the grill section. Tip: Ensure that the faux chest-grill is tucked in all the way. This makes aligning the headlights with the grill much easier.
    * Getting the doors to tab in with the roof is a major pain in the rectum.
    * The weapon on mine doesn't seem to connect with the rear of the vehicle properly (maybe I'm doing something wrong).
    * The front wheel sections don't fold back, and being so close to the shoulders also restrict backward shoulder articulation.

Overall I find this toy to be a tedious chore to transform. It's not that the transformation is undoable or counterinuitive, but I just don't find it fun. Having to struggle to get the side panels to line up is super not fun. I don't want to have to struggle with my toy to get it into vehicle mode... it should be fun to play with! While by no means a terrible figure, it's not as awesome as I was hoping it to be. I recommend watching some video reviews or having a mess with someone else's figure before deciding on whether or not you want this toy.

Heh, took these pics a while ago and totally forgot to make a review thread.

Anyways, I mostly agree with your thoughts, Gok. The waist also popped off for me the first couple of transformations, but after loosening up a bit it doesn't do it anymore. I don't find that I have to really wrestle with it for transformation, at least not any more than the other Bee moulds pictured. Only issue is that the rear windows don't quite sit as flush as they should in vehicle mode, but it's not so bad it can't be ignored. Just comparing him side by side with his counterparts I'm not sure if I find it really, really lazy that they've gotten so many different figures out of retooling and shared parts/engineering from the same base figure, or really really clever. I mean, it does add credibility that in the movie you can have the same core robot scanning different vehicles and making it work.
    Anyway, I like him and am happy I got him, but look who's talking here, I am just a tad biased.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    ↑Love this!
    The waist also popped off for me the first couple of transformations, but after loosening up a bit it doesn't do it anymore.
    Yeah, I found the first couple of times I did it, it kept on popping off which was a real...

...waist of time

Only issue is that the rear windows don't quite sit as flush as they should in vehicle mode, but it's not so bad it can't be ignored.
    Same on mine and it bothers me heaps. That's why I only photographed my Bumblebee in car mode from the left side. Trying to misdirect the audience's attention away from that panel jutting out there (only to now draw attention to it)

How much engineering does this share with the TF07 Studio Series BB, and the TLK Premier BB?

I passed on this as I have both of those and this looks very similar.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I picked this up the other day and was expecting much less than what I got.

The transformation is similar to the earlier Bumblebees, but almost all parts are new and there are twists in the transformation scheme that I was not expecting.

The new transformation for the arms means they can tend to get in the way when converting the legs and chest/bonnet of the vehicle. And the only weakness to the aesthetic is how wide the front wheels stick out to the sides in this mould.

But it is otherwise a very satisfying transformation and great likeness to the concept Camaro and screen model for Bumblebee. I also love that we get the battle mask for this mode to compliment the standard face for the 1976 Camaro.