Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will there be an Earthrise Bumblebee remould?

I think they were asked about this at Toyfair earlier this year.

Their answer was a bit evasive, which made me think that there weren't specific plans but they didn't want to rule it out. Which says to me we might see it in Wave 4 or in the next line (either as a mainline or a special release).

I'd take an original Bumblebee if they made one, provided he was Legends scale.
    For me personally, it's all about getting a good Legends Scale Bumblebee that transforms into a VW beetle.

But it's hard to imagine how he could not be Cliffjumper like, even if he was a completely original mould.
    Their basic transformation is always going to be the same.

If they did a yellow redeco/remould of ER Cliffjumper, would that be a first?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    it's hard to imagine how he could not be Cliffjumper like, even if he was a completely original mould.
    Their basic transformation is always going to be the same.
    Agreed. It's also worth noting that ER Cliffjumper has pipe arms, which are usually a trait of G1 Bumblebee, so I'd expect some shared parts at the very least.
    I'd be happy with a Bumblebee that matches the aesthetic of ER Cliffy as you said, or one that is Cybertronian like Griffin said. Both perhaps?
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I never could make sense of the G1 Cybertronian mode Bumblebee had in the cartoon.
    From my perspective, it was like, let's pull off the wheels, give him wings and call it a car mode.

In any case, I'm wanting a VW Beetle Bumblebee, seen too many Camaro or sportscar versions!
    Time for him to go back to the classic design.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post

In any case, I'm wanting a VW Beetle Bumblebee, seen too many Camaro or sportscar versions!
    Time for him to go back to the classic design.
    Here here! Totally agree. I'd be very disappointed with a repaint and I can't see a remould working either.
    Given the state of the car industry I can't see them charging too much for the license either.

Bumblebee is a VW bug, not a camaro
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A wasted opportunity to not have a cybertronian mode Bumblebee and Wheeljack during Siege with all the other pre-earth gen1 cartoon toys. Too late with the current theme.
    I'm glad they didn't do it, the endless moaning about having a WJ alt mode big enough to hold Bee in for starters.

I would prefer a VW style vehicle as alt mode for ER Bumblebee.

It is the perfect time for a Volkswagen Bumblebee. Presumably they have the license from the movie, the recent MPs plus the tendency for a lot of Generations toys to be mini masterpieces of sorts. The stars have kind of aligned. Sharing a similar body with Cliffjumper (though I do not want to see the removable back on a Bumblebee toy) would be nice, but obviously the difference in cars is going to shift some stuff.

I also think there is only a certain amount of times they're gonna be able to pull the small hatchback route. Classics has its own niche filled, as does the (very good) Titans Return legends class one.

If we're not getting a Cybertronian saucer Bee (not looking likely now ) then this is the next best thing. I can only hope it spawns a Goldbug too, as he is quite ingrained in fond childhood memories of The Return of Optimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A wasted opportunity to not have a cybertronian mode Bumblebee and Wheeljack during Siege with all the other pre-earth gen1 cartoon toys. Too late with the current theme.
    I was actually gutted when Wheeljack was revealed without the hovercraft at mode, it was one of my most anticipated figures of the entire WFC toyline. I am definitely coming around to wanting the earth mode figure since it still looks great, but it was exciting to think we would get the Cybertronian mode after all this time.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust