Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars scale Predaking

Default Combiner Wars scale Predaking

I am looking for a Combiner Wars scale Predaking set.
    I assume these do not exist in official Hasbro products at this time, so it is most likely a third party product.

Scale requirements:

Razorclaw:18-19cm
    Limbs:13-14cm.

Please do not recommend Titan Size versions.

I would like fairly articulated versions, if possible, for posability.

Unique Toys War Lord is the only one that fits the sizes you're after. It's an older piece so you'll have to hunt around and hopefully get lucky, but it wasn't that popular (MMC Feral Rex and TFC Ares both came out around the same time, and most people went for one those two instead) so if/when you do find one it shouldn't be too expensive.

MMC's Feral Rex works with Combiner Wars combiners in combined mode IMO (he's bigger and bulkier, but not unreasonably so and Predaking was a big boy anyway), but the individual bots are too big for what you're looking for.

Do they sell War Lord as a combined set or individual parts?
    Only listing I found for the full set so far is 425 USD.
    In AUD, that would be too expensive.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...onDetails/9747
    Darn it, why does BBTS never restock!

I think they were sold individually, but we're talking a long time ago here - the last one came out in 2013-2014 IIRC. I was more into Feral Rex - which I got, and still love despite a few minor design flaws - so I didn't pay much attention to War Lord back in the day.

Either way, there's next to no point looking for one on BBTS/TFSource etc. If you want one then hunt around second-hand sales boards on the big international TF fan websites (i.e. US or East Asian if you can navigate the language issue). You might get lucky on Mandarake, maybe even gumtree etc. as well. But yeah, ultimately it'll just be a matter of waiting until you find one for sale at a price you can bear.

If you're keen try the Junkion Exchange board on TFW2005. If you post a 'looking for' thread I think you will have more luck than searching for already listen ones,
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Would it be more practical to search for individual Predacons from this set?
    I don't necessarily need them boxed, loose and second hand will do just fine, as long as they're in good condition and all their accessories are included.

If anyone finds any links selling these items for a price affordable to Australians, feel free to send me a PM with the links.

I think this might be the one that Ode to a Grasshopper mentioned.

I have purchased from this guy a few times, his prices are US$ so conversion rate will make your wallet cry and he does note that one is without the box but is still brand new. Might be a factory second?
    Shipping will of course be extra.

Robotoybase, used to be chimungmung, he doesn't always have the stock he says he does, I think when he rebuilt his store some lines were crossed with stock management. For a full set quickly though, unless like suggested you want to trawl around the boards and facebook , this is probably your best bet.

Also, it it wasn't as popular as others at teh time you might want to look up some reviews before buying it to make sure it doesn't have any issues you might find hard to look past.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

How much does that site charge for shipping?
    Whenever I entered a query, it just kept saying "cannot retrieve quote".
    Where is this site/seller physically located?

232 AUD isn't a bad price, for an official Combiner Wars Combiner, I paid 200 minimum.

Is this site is reliable though?
    If I place the order, I will get the toy set I am seeking?

As I said in my post above, I've used them a few times.
    I wouldn't recommend them if I wasn't happy with them. I've never had an issue.

Yea, I just tried to get a quote myself, with the same result, I've never had that before. It might be a result of the shipping restrictions in force at the moment due to COVID-19, I've heard of some stores in asia not shipping here at the moment because all practical shipping methods have been put on hold out of their countries to Australia.

the About us on their site says that they are Hong Kong based.
    you could always email them and ask, I've emailed them in the past with questions and they've been quick to reply.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Oh, I hope the COVID-19 stuff doesn't prevent me from purchasing this item, I think it's unlikely I'll get a better deal then this and I don't want to miss out on getting the toys for that reason.

Do you know why they have charged you for shipping in the past?
    In my personal experience, a high shipping charge can make the purchase unfeasible.
    Also, do they give a tracking number with the shipment?
    Untracked shipments are too easy to lose.