Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers featured on Hard Quiz episode May 13th

I’m looking forward to playing along tonight and seeing how I go. Of course much easier to play on your couch compared to in front of TV cameras and an audience!

I don't know that I agree with their answers. Transformers was called Diakron/Diaclone, not Car Robots.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

WOOHOO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebimus_Prime View Post
    I hate to end the guesses, but it's me. Been lurking around here for ages. I hope I don't disappoint everyone.
    Hey you won! Hard to be disappointed with that mate.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Great performance! Well done.

Congrats on winning.

I was really pleased to see Sebastian get to the final round, as I would have been really curious to see what HQ considered "hard" questions for Transformers.

(someone was a bit nervous... ...I would have been too)

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I don't know that I agree with their answers. Transformers was called Diakron/Diaclone, not Car Robots.
    Yeah, that bothered me as well... as it sounded like something they got from a retail product listing.
    I would have only got four of the five correct in the first round though - I knew that Ratchet was originally written up as a female, but I didn't know (or remember) that it was based on a nurse from One Flew over the Cuckoos nest.

The final round questions...
    - I didn't know the first one about the Designer's favourite toy being Perceptor. I would have guessed Sunstreaker (the first one) or Optimus.
    - The second one about Kibble is something every fan knows about, and hates...
    - The third one was about Gen1 Megatron's gun mode being from Man From Uncle is a Gen1 fan question.
    - And the fourth question about what a toy turns into was something I expected they'd ask at some point, as one of the questions I had at the group interview was if I could recognise just about any toy and it's alt-mode.
    (a pity you did so well that we didn't find out what the fifth questions was)

Soooooo jealous.

Rocky start but you came home... um... HARD! Awesome job Sebimus!

(I totally didn’t know the Perceptor question, and guessed at the Man From UNCLE. Reckon I had the others).

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I wanted to know the last question too.

But looking back over my answers, I wonder did the researchers just watch the Toys That Made Us episode because I think all of these topics might have been raised in that episode (including the Perceptor one).

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    "Car Robots" was a subline of Diaclone... which is what they were using. But it's still incorrect, given that the FIRST batch of Transformers included the Seekers, amongst others.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Congrats Sebimus!