Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers featured on Hard Quiz episode May 13th

So when do we get to see a pic of MP Grimlock on his new "throne"?

Congratulations Sebimus_Prime
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 13th May 2020 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I don't know that I agree with their answers. Transformers was called Diakron/Diaclone, not Car Robots.
    It kind of got me too. I was so prepared for it to be Diaclone, think that's why I think I mucked it up. I'm glad they cut the bit where I tried to explain it though.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Congrats on winning.

I was really pleased to see Sebastian get to the final round, as I would have been really curious to see what HQ considered "hard" questions for Transformers.

(someone was a bit nervous... ...I would have been too)

I didn't realise how nervous I was until I watched it back.
    I also remember thinking how easy those last ones were. I kind of feel like they just watched Chris McFeely's Basics series for their trivia. haha.

And for everyone who's asked... (Couldn't figure out how to embed it)

https://imgur.com/a/iZHt4ae

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
    Last edited by griffin; 14th May 2020 at 03:49 PM. Reason: added mirrored image

Well played! It's easy for us sitting in the comfort of our own homes to play along, but obviously more nerve-wracking when you're on national television.

I actually fumbled on 3 questions:
    * the one about Ratchet (I answered "Nurse Ratchet," which is the character, not the film)
    * the one about Bayformers Bumblebee's alt mode (I said VW Beetle )
    * the one about Yoke Hideaki's favourite TF (I just plain didn't know - also the host's mispronunciation of "Hideaki" was offputting for me, although he did pronounce "Yoke" correctly (which a lot of other people don't)).

Congrats on winning Hard Quiz! Btw, feel free to check out the Transformers Trivia thread and have a play at past questions, or feel free to test us and post questions of your own!

P.S.: I love the expression "on brand" and I think I'll start using this in my personal lexicon now.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 13th May 2020 at 10:25 PM.

Congratulations on the win

Congrats on the quiz. I got 2 wrong;
    Megatron being based on Man from Uncle (For some reason i thought it was James Bond, but as soon as you said it I remembered the picture from the show with one of them with the gun.
    And The Optimus Playstation one for some DEMENTED reason I said CD player, not playstation.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebimus_Prime View Post
    I hate to end the guesses, but it's me. Been lurking around here for ages. I hope I don't disappoint everyone.
    A well deserved win Seb!

I havent seen any episodes prior (the host is annoying AF) but made sure I watched tonight. And from the western suburbs too.

Congratulations you did a great job

Just streamed it. Well done Sebastian! Despite the nerves (and i would've been in exactly the same boat) you did great, and not only chalked up a brilliant win against nature (take that snake guy!) but also great exposure for Transformers.

The only question I did stumble on was Perceptor. I wonder what the last question would've been?

Would've been great to meet Tom too..... personal favourite comedian of mine

Hope Grimmy is enjoying his new Golden Throne!

I watched it with my kids... who all were very excited that Transformers won...

Sebimus, we need a picture of MP Grimlock on the Hard Quiz trophy, and one of you practicing your buzzer technique.