Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers featured on Hard Quiz episode May 13th

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Sebimus, we need a picture of MP Grimlock on the Hard Quiz trophy
    He did share a photo of his MP Grimlock in his Hard Quiz trophy, but he didn't know how to embed the image.

Pardon me if I take the liberty of doing so (this is straight from the link that he shared)

Me Grimlock no bozo
    Me king!

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I watched it with my kids... who all were very excited that Transformers won...

Sebimus, we need a picture of MP Grimlock on the Hard Quiz trophy, and one of you practicing your buzzer technique.

See post #23. I mirrored the image at the link he posted up, which had to be shrunken a LOT, as the original image at the link was 1.4mb.

For those who missed it last night, you can now see it on the ABC iview site (Season 5 episode 15).

Sebastian, I posted up your photo of the trophy on our facebook page as well.... I hope that is okay?

Was fun seeing Transformers on Hard Quiz. Congrats on the win! I knew about kibble and perceptor but not ratchet, the playstation or the man from uncle (I thought Bond too). Car robots? Yes we need a photo of Grimlock ON the mug

What an excellent job on flying the flag and representing Transformers fans everywhere. Well done, Sebimus.

Great job Sebastian! You did really well. That first question threw me as well. I knew the answer but my mouth kept wanting to say Diaclone.

I’m pretty sure the images they showed were all from The Toys That Made Us so maybe that was where most of their research was from?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I’m pretty sure the images they showed were all from The Toys That Made Us so maybe that was where most of their research was from?
    That was my thought as well, so I rewatched most of it at lunch today, but apart from the Perceptor question the other info and images wasn’t from that episode.

Congratulations on the win, I thought you were in for a tough final round as the Snake contestant had done well throughout and the questions were less transformers related and more ?linked? to transformers. Good to see that you couldn?t be bamboozled by Toms repeated jabs!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by spiii View Post
    Congrats on the win! I knew about kibble and perceptor but not ratchet
    So Bob Budiansky originally intended for Ratchet to be a female Autobot medic, and the name is an homage to the character nurse Ratched from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. But Hasbro didn't like this idea and decided that Ratchet would be male. So yeah, the idea of female Transformers actually existed at the very beginning of Transformers. And we know that other people have attempted to bring female TFs into the toyline, notably Arcee (who did have a prototype toy but never made it to production) but Hasbro kept on resisting the idea. It wouldn't be until Beast Wars when we finally saw female Transformers in Western markets in the form of Blackarachnia and Airazor.

the man from uncle (I thought Bond too).
    Both the Man from UNCLE and James Bond use Walther pistols, but Bond's pistol is a Walther PPK whereas the Man From UNCLE uses a fictitiously modified Walther P38 (i.e. actual pistol with scope, extended silencer barrel and stock). So the Microman toy that would become Megatron was originally the Micro Change Gun Robo Walther P38 UNCLE, as opposed to the regular Walther P38 Gun Robo which has no add ons (this would later become Goodbye Megatron).

Car robots?
    Yeah, that question was not well worded, but since it ended with "Car" then logically the only possible answer was "Robot." Car Robot is a sub-line of Diaclone which is where toys like Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus and the Autobot Cars are from. It's not a great question (and I think this might be what stumped Sebastian) because the entire question was this:
    "Launched by Hasbro in 1984, Transformers was based on a Japanese toyline known as Car what?"
    It's just not true that Transformers was based on Diaclone Car Robot - not entirely anyway. Just Prime, Magnus and the Autobot Cars. But there are plenty of other Diaclone toys outside of Car Robot which became Transformers including: Dashers (Powerdashers), Baku-ten Attack Robo (Jumpstarters), Double Changers (Omnibots), Triple Changer Jet Type (Blitzwing), Construction Vehicle Robo (Constructicons), Train Robo (Trainbots), Jet Machine Robo (Decepticon Seeker Jets), Dinosaur Robo (Dinobots), Insecter Robo (Insecticons) etc. And then of course, you have all the other non-Diaclone Japanese toylines that contributed to Transformers including Microman, Dorvack, Macross, Astro Magnum, Mechabot-1, Beetras, Whatever-the-Hell-line-Sky-Lynx-is-from, Machine Robo etc.

2000's Transformers Car Robot was named after Diaclone Car Robot, and the character Mach Alert was an homage to the New Countach LP500S Patrol Car Type (aka Cordon; because Lamborghini Japanese police cars aren't a thing IRL ).