Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers featured on Hard Quiz episode May 13th

Default Transformers featured on Hard Quiz episode May 13th

A number of Transformers fans have applied to be the ABC's Hard Quiz program in the last year, and only one could get through. This Wednesday on the final episode for the current series, we get to see who was chosen as the lucky one to represent our favourite hobby to the rest of Australia, pitted against three other contestants who are bringing three other topics to the episode.

The episode is on Wednesday night on the ABC, at 8pm, and will be repeated a couple times later in the week, as well as being available on their online service or app.

Hard Quiz is currently one of the ABC's highest rating programs, so we should get a fair bit of exposure of the Brand to regular Australians from this episode. Hopefully the Transformers fan on this week's episode manages to make it through to the end, and is the winner of the big brass mug.

Why the non disclosure of the identity of TF fan? Was it at their request?

Okay, I'll start the guessing game, in order of priority:
    1. BTT
    2. Paulbot
    3. Krayt
    Dark horse: Sky Shadow

I'm curious to see how hard this Hard Quiz is. Looking forward to playing along at home.

There's a discussion in the Kup's Discussion thread about it, a few people like Trev and Griffin applied, but it appears that Transformers had been filled as a topic area, but no one indicated that they had stepped forward.

Possibly one of the other collector groups.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...iz-Application

Gok - I have a feeling you're going to find it easy, based on your knowledge.

^ Thanks Seraphim Prime.

There goes my first guess.

I hate to end the guesses, but it's me. Been lurking around here for ages. I hope I don't disappoint everyone.

I'm not a big fan of the show, the only episode I watched in full was the episode one of my former work colleagues was on, but I'll be watching this and playing along at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebimus_Prime View Post
    I hate to end the guesses, but it's me. Been lurking around here for ages. I hope I don't disappoint everyone.
    Good work getting on! No spoilers.

Well done for being the one they chose from those of us who applied last year. I managed to get through to the group interview round, but I didn't seem to have what they were looking for. After they had us do a written quiz, an interview on our interest, and a verbal quiz, it ended up coming down to just the verbal quiz of general knowledge questions as the only reason they selected 5 or 6 people from our group of 30. It didn't seem to matter what your topic was, or how well you knew it... it just mattered that you could respond to verbal questions, of random topics.

It was a shame that we didn't know about your episode before the filming though, as we could have organised a cheer squad in the audience for you.
    I hope you had as much fun as it looks.

And as Paulbot said, no spoilers on how well you did... so that we can play along on Wednesday.

Gratz. Though being an ABC show I'm guessing you didn't come away from the show a cool million dollars richer.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Gratz. Though being an ABC show I'm guessing you didn't come away from the show a cool million dollars richer.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Well done for being the one they chose from those of us who applied last year. I managed to get through to the group interview round, but I didn't seem to have what they were looking for. After they had us do a written quiz, an interview on our interest, and a verbal quiz, it ended up coming down to just the verbal quiz of general knowledge questions as the only reason they selected 5 or 6 people from our group of 30. It didn't seem to matter what your topic was, or how well you knew it... it just mattered that you could respond to verbal questions, of random topics.

It was a shame that we didn't know about your episode before the filming though, as we could have organised a cheer squad in the audience for you.
    I hope you had as much fun as it looks.
    Yeah I still have no idea why I got picked. I felt like really mucked up the verbal quiz bit.
    To be honest a cheer squad would have probably made me even more nervous than I already was. Really nice thought though.