Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP-51 Arcee at Zing/EB

I've seen a lot of people swearing off MP arcee that would normally buy a new character straight away.

I really hope Takara see this as people thinking it's too expensive and not people having less interest in the character. I don't want it to damage the hopes of other less than primary tier characters being brought to light in the future.
    I've skipped MP Bee 2.0, prime 3.0, Hound, and now maybe Arcee. Hound I'm waiting for a + version that's hopefully more realistically detailed, like the earlier MP numbers were, especially the autobot cars.

if it starts costing $300-400 4 or 5 times, or more, a year for MP transformers I'm going to have to start being really choosy, just so I can afford all the mainline figures and other hobbies I have.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The retail price for MP Arcee in Japan is at a whopping AU$250.
    16000yen, that's the "full" price, if you buy from amiami hlj or hobbysearch there is often a small discount to offset that, and according to google 229.08 Australian Dollar is the conversion so it might be a little cheaper than that.

Yes the gst+shipping will bump it up but there will be other options, as much as I want to support aus retail $300 is making me choose more carefully (especially if zing/eb is affected although local staff tell me they'll be fine if the main company goes down but that's what the toys r us staff told me :S )

Just ordered mine at my local.... will be so good to not have to worry about the money that close to xmas...

If I had liquid in my mouth when I just read the price I would have spat it out, I literally coughed/choked out loud instead. I'm glad I'm mostly off MP's now.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Wew. That was quick. Doesn't appear to be there any more.

That's interesting... maybe someone did jump the gun, and were told to take it back down until after TakaraTomy officially listed it.

I do hope it wasn't because they had exhausted their import amount. For those taking issue with the price, if it would be $250Aud from hlj you also have to factor shipping and that $@##% gst as well. For not having to lay down the money now, I'm happy with paying $300 for her because, well it's Arcee. There isn't any price I wouldn't pay for a licensed Masterpiece Arcee. No third party ko, and a beautiful looking one as well.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Unfortunately, we all have different budgets. I didn't buy MP hound, Unicron and others due to price. Hopefully, they'll reissue these and I'll be able to buy them later on. I won't pay the premium to be one of the first to get these.

I still remember pre-ordering and group buys of MPs to get them at a cheaper price. That time has passed

I just don't know about getting Arcee, even if it was slightly cheaper from an Asian source like OMP... it's on the same level as Optimus v3, it's "price per kilo" is just way too high. Even if the chest and kibble were perfect, that price (in yen) ....
    My list of missing Masterpiece toys that I like, is getting really long now. I get so much play value from so many other Transformers toys, it is difficult to give a value to a toy that isn't for play, which is why I also don't buy expensive statues and licensed non-converting display figures... because that's what most of these recent MP toys are going to end up as - display statues that aren't going to be touched (mostly because they are more likely to break if you transform them now).
    Spinout is likely to be my over-priced purchase for the rest of this year, as the toy has a certain history to it, but I don't think I want to use up $300 on just a single toy that doesn't fill a hole in the display shelf, and can be better used on several other toys like all the Generations exclusives we are likely to have in the second half of the year again.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    16000yen, that's the "full" price, if you buy from amiami hlj or hobbysearch there is often a small discount to offset that, and according to google 229.08 Australian Dollar is the conversion so it might be a little cheaper than that.
    Using the official exchange rate is not the real rate. That's the mid-point between the two exchange rates (AU to Yen and Yen to AU). A bank, credit card or paypal will have a rate that is about 5% off, or for the yen it is about 5 off (64yen instead of the current official rate of 69yen), which gives us about AU$250 (what it would actually cost you if you cart and pay for it at 16,000yen).
    And since some online stores offer pre-order discounts, I always refer to the official "retail" price if there is one, otherwise it gets confusing (and takes time) to list a range of online prices.

Yes the gst+shipping will bump it up but there will be other options, as much as I want to support aus retail $300 is making me choose more carefully (especially if zing/eb is affected although local staff tell me they'll be fine if the main company goes down but that's what the toys r us staff told me :S )
    The GST is one thing I keep forgetting to note, as it would make this toy about AU$270 when comparing to the (non-GST) listed price on foreign sites. It actually makes the EB Games price even better, as the $30 difference to the Japanese retail price (or 10%) is a lot better than the 40-60% difference we have on our regular retail Hasbro Transformers toys (Generations, Studio Series, Cyberverse, etc).
    Fortunately, people on here and on our facebook page are being mature and intelligent enough to not criticise EB Games for a price that is not their fault... it's TakaraTomy's fault.

To me, the chest area looks really out for some reason...it looks very wrong. The generations arcee looks better.