Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-51 Arcee at Zing/EB

Default MP-51 Arcee at Zing/EB

Masterpiece MP-51 Arcee is up for preorder at EB Games and Zing. $300 ($50 pre-order deposit). Boxing Day release date

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/product/collectibles/263151-transformers-mp-51-arcee-transforming-action-figure

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/t...-action-figure

Last edited by griffin; 12th May 2020 at 05:21 PM. Reason: added images and extra link

Wow, that's pricey

Just tried to compare the prices but I can’t see any real orders out anywhere... looks like they are the first to officially list.

But I did find some news with a Singapore price, 195. Which is 212 here. Add 30 for shipping, and e are prob looking at $250.

So.... $250 or $300. I for one am going to go with Zing. Normally I standard MP via HLJ, but that much needed at Xmas... I’ll go zing and pay it off between now and then

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

What...in god's name...

As much as I'm frothing in the mouth for one of the season 2 crew NO WAY am I paying this much for a mp hotrod sized figure, least with hlj I can store it up to save on postage and retailer discount (or wait on amiami like I did with hound and get it on sale).

Because rrp is 16000yen, that's not quite even 250, eep!

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

She better come with a trailer, with Roller, and a veritable family of Witwickies, and a Matrix for that price.

Haha before I clicked on this I jokingly thought it's going to be $300. Tell em they're dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    She better come with a trailer, with Roller, and a veritable family of Witwickies, and a Matrix for that price.
    No. But you do get bad quality and broken parts.

The retail price for MP Arcee in Japan is at a whopping AU$250, so having this one at AU$300 isn't unusual. And considering that the regular Hasbro retail Transformers toys here are 50-100% over their AU$ price in America, if this was a Hasbro Masterpiece toy, it would be AU$400 or more here.
    So since this is an import of a Japanese MP toy, we didn't get stuck with "Hasbro toy" pricing... it is just a very expensive toy in Japan, so is going to be expensive everywhere else, including here.

(the Asian sites that may end up offering it for AU$250 or less, are getting their stock from a more direct source than EB Games, so they are getting theirs cheaper and can sell it cheaper)

I think EB Games might have listed this too early, or Hasbro Australia jumped the gun, as we aren't supposed to be offering the Japanese imports before they are listed in Japan or at Hasbro Pulse.

I know it's a fat chance but I hope people vote with their wallets and not buy until the price becomes reasonable.

It won't make a difference here, as EB Games will only have it listed for a couple of weeks and only order enough to cover their pre-orders.

And unfortunately these expensive Masterpiece prices aren't stopping people from buying them (BW Megatron and Dinobot sold out fast and they have been two of the most expensive ones for their size, and even Optimus V3 sold out at most places too at a record MP price for a smallish robot and hollow plastic box/trailer), so TakaraTomy will just keep charging hefty amounts for them.