Thread: My Little Pony Crossover Collection to feature Transformers

Default My Little Pony Crossover Collection to feature Transformers

We were supposed to be getting a crossover comic this month, which might be delayed for a while, between Transformers and My Little Pony, but word from a MLP fansite is that there will be a "Crossover Collection" toyline of Ponies that feature decos and accessories homaging other classic Brands - Ghostbusters, Power Rangers, Dungeons & Dragons, and of course, Transformers.
    These are the sort of wacky things you'd see as SDCC exclusives, but it looks like this could be a proper retail toyline for MLP.

Official information and images are limited at this stage, but so far there looks to be a number of single packs and at least one 5-pack.

Single packs -
    Ghostbusters - Plasmane
    Transformers - My Little Prime (could it look a little like the one on the front of the 2013 convention comic?)
    MMPR - Morphin Pink Pony

5-pack -
    D&D - (names not yet known) A Wizard, Druid, Barbarian, Rogue and a Bard.

As soon as we get images or official info of the Transformers Pony, we'll post them up here.

I'm probably not going to get any of these, as it's not something I've ever gotten in to.

But Plasmane, what an awesome name!! and it does look really good.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The Transformers Pony has now been revealed...

Seibertron have also posted up an image of the Power Rangers Pink Ranger pony with their news posting of the Optimus Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Are the Dungeons and Dragons ones supposed to be based on the cartoon from the 80s?
    That was my first thought when I read about it, but the decos don't remind me of the characters in the 80s cartoon.
    (both Cullen and Welker were voice actors in that too... aside from three of the live action movies, I don't think they partnered up in anything else?)

I don't think it was ever rebooted/redone?

I'm surprised that they only had 27 episodes, despite going for 3 years (1983-85). Most cartoons had that many or more in just one season/year.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That was my first thought when I read about it, but the decos don't remind me of the characters in the 80s cartoon.
    (both Cullen and Welker were voice actors in that too... aside from three of the live action movies, I don't think they partnered up in anything else?)

I don't think it was ever rebooted/redone?

I'm surprised that they only had 27 episodes, despite going for 3 years (1983-85). Most cartoons had that many or more in just one season/year.
    Yeah seems odd. Although I don't remember ever seeing any merchandise from the cartoon. I thought maybe it was based on a more modern D&D movie that was released (2000?) which was an awful film, and nope.
    Just seems to be generic imagery designs. But i guess the good thing about D&D is making your own characters.

I think the Optimus one looks a tad on the evil side for some reason

I got mine last week and here are a few photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dzs3tX4YFhum1VtS7