Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Gen Select Combiner teased. Possible God Neptune

Hey Tetsuan Convoy or Gok, there is a bit on the TT Mall page that I've translated through my web browser which says "Also, the included weapons that were canceled in the original are included as they are, allowing you to enjoy the weapon play that you could not do in the original."
    I'm sure that this isn't the most accurate translation, so any idea what exactly they mean here? Are they saying this set has extra weapons not included with Gen Select King Poseidon or do they mean the original BWII release of God Neptune didn't have as many weapons?
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The Tfwiki page for God Neptune (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/God_Neptune_(BWII)) mentions that The set does not include a redeco of Nautilator, and almost all of the weapons and gun-mode stands for the individuals are also missing. I imagine that's what they're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I am surprised a new character was invented and added to the team.
    Did you mean, a new character was NOT invented? As I was also hoping that they would give us six redeco Seacons and just create a new character for Nautilator.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Also, at 22000 cheaper than KP. Obviously because they only needed one colour of plastic
    I'm guessing that was sarcasm, as there is only five members this time, so should be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Hey Tetsuan Convoy or Gok, there is a bit on the TT Mall page that I've translated through my web browser which says "Also, the included weapons that were canceled in the original are included as they are, allowing you to enjoy the weapon play that you could not do in the original."
    I'm sure that this isn't the most accurate translation, so any idea what exactly they mean here? Are they saying this set has extra weapons not included with Gen Select King Poseidon or do they mean the original BWII release of God Neptune didn't have as many weapons?
    From the EB Games listing, which seems to be doing a lot better these days at translating the Japanese product listings...

In addition, the included weapons that were cancelled in the original are included in this set, so you can enjoy playing with and displaying a whole new range of weapons.
    I'm not too sure what they mean by that though, as this set doesn't appear to have any additional accessories. Each bot has at least one gun, and a sword. Maybe it refers to the original set of BW Seacons in 1998 not having any weapons. It looks like the BW Seacons only came with the combiner parts and "Snaptrap's" sword.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm not too sure what they mean by that though, as this set doesn't appear to have any additional accessories. Each bot has at least one gun, and a sword. Maybe it refers to the original set of BW Seacons in 1998 not having any weapons. It looks like the BW Seacons only came with the combiner parts and "Snaptrap's" sword.
    Its a bit unclear in Japanese as well, but if we keep it within the realms of God Neptune and discard the idea of Pirahnacon, then Griffin's got it right.

I'd say they are saying it has the weapons that were cancelled from the G1 to with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    The Tfwiki page for God Neptune (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/God_Neptune_(BWII)) mentions that The set does not include a redeco of Nautilator, and almost all of the weapons and gun-mode stands for the individuals are also missing. I imagine that's what they're referring to.
    Maybe it refers to the original set of BW Seacons in 1998 not having any weapons. It looks like the BW Seacons only came with the combiner parts and "Snaptrap's" sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I'd say they are saying it has the weapons that were cancelled from the G1 to with it.
    Cheers guys, that makes sense.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The price at RK seems good. $160 USD.

Did you mean, a new character was NOT invented? As I was also hoping that they would give us six redeco Seacons and just create a new character for Nautilator.
    Yes I left out the "not" and I did think they'd create a new character or find some obscure character from some part of fiction to join the team

I would've gotten this one over King Poseidon if I knew earlier since I prefer the colours (although it's sad it only has 5 robots). Almost wish they announced this one first and then went "Surprise! We secretly had a 6th member for the super complete combiner this whole time!" Plus it would maybe prevent questioning about the removal of one member from the team (even if it is canon.)
    Last edited by nalops; 15th May 2020 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Spelling, grammar

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    I would've gotten this one over King Poseidon if I knew earlier since I prefer the colours (although it's sad it only has 5 robots). Almost wish they announced this one first and then went "Surprise! We secretly had a 6th member for the super complete combiner this whole time!" Plus it would maybe prevent questioning about the removal of one member from the team (even if it is canon.)
    I feel for you. I called God Neptune pretty early on, as I knew TakaraTomy would want to milk the moulds.

But yes, there's no certainty - we've yet to see a Masterpiece Deep Cover despite the 45 uses of the Lambor mould..

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister