• Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if something else

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 9.09%

Thread: Toy Review - Studio Series Bumblebee (Off-Road Type)

Default Toy Review - Studio Series Bumblebee (Off-Road Type)

OFFROAD BUMBLEBEE
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Studio Series (Bumblebee)
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 9
    Released here - ??? (o/s = May 2020)
    Approximate Retail Price - $29
    Approximate Size - 11cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Willy's MB Jeep
    Main Features/Gimmicks - N/A
    Main Colours - yellow, gunmetal grey
    Main Accessories - gun

Quick Thoughts
    * Nice, solid robot mode that's well articulated.
    * Neat transformation that offers something different from most other Studio Series Bumblebees.
    * Really nicely detailed toy, including interior.
    * The way that the feet transform into the tray bed is really nice.
    * Some of the engineering reminds me of MP Hound.
    * Panels can tab in easily without popping out another panel.
    * The arms don't have anywhere to go other than just beneath the car, which is somewhat unsightly but not a deal breaker. Importantly all wheels do roll.
    N.B.: I'd transformed the arms incorrectly in all of my photos I'll post a gooder pic of the vehicle mode later.

P.S.: Here is a photo of Off-Road Bumblebee with the arms transformed correctly.

Unlike my previous photos, you can see that the arms are properly pegged in but also not protruding out from the bottom so that it lifts the back wheels up. This toy nearly rolled off this box when I was photographing it! So as ungainly as the arms look, they don't certainly interfere with the toy's ability to roll.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 21st May 2020 at 01:31 PM.

I love this figure so much - surprise, surprise. No, but really, he has a fun, intuitive transformation and feels really solid in both modes. No wrestling with parts or things that don't line up properly. Rolls well in vehicle mode, which is something worth mentioning as that's not always a given these days. Back kibble is kept to a minimum too, so the robot mode is very clean overall.
    The only thing that bothers me at all is the neck joint. Because of the way the neck joint is designed for transformation, it looks a bit like E.T. when you turn his head in robot mode, but it's not the worst thing ever.

Overall, a fun bot and a fun Jeep mode. Highly recommend!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

It's a good solid Bumblebee and the first time in a long time that they've gotten Movie Bumblebee right (first time for Studio Series full stop, unless you count the second attempt at Rusty Camaro Bee).

Rusty Camaro Bumblebee was close, but ruined by bad QC.

VW Bumblebee is literally impossible to transform properly (without a bulge in the car) due to design errors in the back end, and not even close to film-accurate.

WWII Bumblee was a hot mess - impossible to pose and also featured a bulging transformation due to design errors, despite being a shell-former!

Concept Camaro Bumblebee is a monstrosity. I have no idea why some people seem to love it so much, it looks nothing like the movie model, is still a pain to transform...although it does have more believable, curvy boobs than MP Arcee.

So it's refreshing that this one just works. Solid in both modes, reasonably poseable, a bit of a more uncommon alt-mode too. The paint matching is not too bad this time around either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    IConcept Camaro Bumblebee is a monstrosity. I have no idea why some people seem to love it so much, it looks nothing like the movie model, is still a pain to transform...
    Only 33% of poll respondents on the Concept Camaro SS 'Bee have voted that this toy was "Worth buying," and I certainly didn't give it a very rave review. :/

P.S.: I realise that not many people have voted on the review poll atm (I guess because it's still a new toy), but it's the only quantifiable data I have - if others have better data then please feel free to share it
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 23rd May 2020 at 12:28 PM.

Fun little thing to note is the arm blade from the VW bumblebee figure can also peg onto to this afternoon new arm as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGrimlock View Post
    Fun little thing to note is the arm blade from the VW bumblebee figure can also peg onto to this afternoon new arm as well.
    That's cool. Cheers!

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGrimlock View Post
    Except for those blasted mornings and evenings!

Great to see that the jeep is compact enough to be displayed on the cardboard backdrop (I often find it's only for robot modes).

Something else is that weapon storage on the jeep requires the precision of a brain surgeon but patience and practice makes perfect.