Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Target stores to close

From the list of locations I know this makes a lot of business sense. A lot of the larger towns have a Target simply because Target got there first and the town is now in the market for a Kmart. I'm sure the Target Country stores will be missed by some but a lot of them are being made redundant by the fact that a lot of country folk now do their shopping at shopping centres in regional cities if not the capital.

They're so hit and miss....the Target in the Launceston CBD is absolutely shithouse. Terrible presentation, lazy staff...one of the worst toy sections of any store I've ever seen.

Meanwhile, the Mowbray Target - less than 5kms away - is fantastic. Great presentation, clean store, always plenty of stock. Good management and staff goes a long way, apparently.

Neither of those stores are closing but the Launceston CBD one should be closed.

It seems like my local is safe (despite having very little people every time I go there). While Target may not be the best for Transformers (and other stuff), I liked them just in case they got something in that ran out of stock at other stores, which has happened a few times.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

What's interesting is that this list is so dominated by towns rather than suburbs.

Campbelltown is the only Sydney store listed (and that had already been announced)... Bacchus Marsh the only Melbourne store. I guess the limited range Target can supply in smaller stores cannot complete with the range available on the internet?

PS MURWILLUMBAH isn't in Queensland...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Target Country in Nowra (where I grew up) never had a toy section anyway so So the big toy sale was always sad for me as a kid because they would only ever have the few items that made the first page at the front of the store but nothing else, but i'd see the catalogue/ads and want the other stuff hahaha

Shame those VIC Country Target stores will be closing. I pop in when I'm on work travel.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    *snip* Bacchus Marsh the only Melbourne store. *snip*
    Bacchus Marsh being at the very fringe of Metro Melbourne it may as well be a country store.

Shame, as they have in past years offered exclusives not found elsewhere, including Target US branded exclusives during DoTM, energon and even armada.
    Last edited by reillyd; 24th May 2020 at 11:20 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Target have better quality than kmart. Sounds like target country is a bit like your corner deli, not much selection and variety.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    PS MURWILLUMBAH isn't in Queensland...
    Sorry, my typo. Used a spreadsheet to join the web lists together, plus my own formatting. Corrected now.

None in Perth are on the chopping block, which I'm glad about. Some non-Transformers exclusive toys I've bought from Target now and then, as well as TFs I've missed out at other retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Sorry, my typo. Used a spreadsheet to join the web lists together, plus my own formatting. Corrected now.
    Not your error; The Target Website had it as Queensland!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister