Thread: God Neptune on ZING/EB Games

Default God Neptune on ZING/EB Games

The Beast Wars Seacons (God Neptune) is now on EB Games and Zing for pre-order.
    $398 for the full set of five (compared to six original series Seacons), with a $50 deposit required when pre-ordering.
    Due out October 30th 2020.

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...ion-figure-set

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/t...ion-figure-set

Details from product page (with some editing to fix the errors)...

When it comes to combiners, most suffer from the same problem: an inability to agree on anything while in their super-robot form, resulting in limited intelligence and limited effectiveness. Such is not the case with Piranacon. The Seacons who compose Piranacon can all agree on one thing, they love to hunt. In fact, they love it so much, that once they combine, they absolutely will not stop until they've either run out of energy or are destroyed. This has gotten to be such a problem that their commander, Snaptrap, has been forced to activate an automatic timer upon combination, forcing Piranacon to disassemble after a period of time. Despite this one set-back, Megatron considers Piranacon an ideal warrior and wishes he had more Decepticons like him.

Following their arrival on prehistoric Earth in another reality, Tentakil and Nautilator were killed and later replaced with Scylla. Expectations The net result was that Piranacon was effectively dead, and this new merged form became God Neptune.

Generation Select is a limited series that develops character models that have not yet been part of the regular GENERATION series. The long-awaited God Neptune now makes its first appearance in the Generation Select series!

The giant robot "God Neptune" is born by combining five robots that transform from a monster-type beast form to a humanoid form. The set is a recolour of the Seacons from King Poseidon, but the robot mode of Scylla the octopus, is slightly remoulded to match the female character from the cartoon. This includes a new head, chest and legs.

In addition, this set includes accessories that were not in the original God Neptune set in 1998, so you can enjoy playing with and displaying a whole new range of weapons. This is an unmissable set for any Transformers collection. Grab yours today!

Includes:

• 1x Halfshell Body
      • 1x Rifle (Halfshell)
      • 1x Sword (Halfshell)
      • 1x Shield (Halfshell)

• 1x Sea Phantom Body
      • 1x Gun (Sea Phantom)
      • 1x Sword (Sea Phantom)

• 1x Coelagon Body
      • 2x Canon (Coelagon)
      • 1x Sword (Coelagon)

• 1x Terrormander Body
      • 2x Laser Rifle (Terrormander)
      • 1x Beam Gun (Terrormander)
      • 1x Sword (Terrormander)

• 1x Scylla Body
      • 2x Gun (Scylla)
      • 1x Sword (Scylla)

• 4x Fist for union
    • 2x Feet for union
    • Instruction Sheet

Bit steep, but compared works out reasonably close to RK's price with shipping (I think)
    Last edited by griffin; 15th May 2020 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added images and inf

$398 looks like a lot, especially since it is just a regular 5-team combiner, but it is another very expensive item in Japan.
    At 22,000 yen in Japan, it works out to be about AU$320 at the official exchange rate, which would work out to be up to AU$340 at the real rates... plus GST, which would be up to about AU$370.
    With a middle-man between Asia and EB Games needing a cut as well, that covers the extra $30... and no shipping fee.

At least there are some non-JP Asian options that are cheaper, for those wanting to save some money, but have less protections if anything goes wrong or missing.

Looking at the prices at the various TF retailers so far I think I'll be buying him from RK, not EB Games.

OMP has just listed for $262 plus 26 postage. A clear hundred less. It's a shame really. I would love to buy locally, but that's just too much

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    OMP has just listed for $262 plus 26 postage. A clear hundred less. It's a shame really. I would love to buy locally, but that's just too much
    Something doesn’t sit right about those shipping costs.... this box is gonna be huge...

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Something doesn’t sit right about those shipping costs.... this box is gonna be huge...
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's correct. Their shipping prices are pretty good. And this won't be bigger than any of the other CW/UW boxes I reckon.

Yeah I preordered Super Megatron and some of their MPs could be justifiable, but neither set of Seacons have been a good price. Maybe the first deluxe but then they kept marking them up.
    If I were to get God Neptune, I'm quite happy with OMP price

I mean, forget costs, shipping etc...

The real kicker here is the use of all the leftover shitty 'Apeface' white plastic. What the hell? The reasoning with Apeface was (apparently) something to do with the plastic type, and tolerances etc.

But these look like...novelty transformer soaps? For the price, this is an absolutely bizarre option and these look cheap as hell. Certainly not going to have the premium 'shelf presence' I'd expect for a set like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I mean, forget costs, shipping etc...

The real kicker here is the use of all the leftover shitty 'Apeface' white plastic. What the hell? The reasoning with Apeface was (apparently) something to do with the plastic type, and tolerances etc.

But these look like...novelty transformer soaps? For the price, this is an absolutely bizarre option and these look cheap as hell. Certainly not going to have the premium 'shelf presence' I'd expect for a set like this.
    I agree, but also when I've seen comparison pics the original toys also seem to have had ugly white cheap looking plastic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I agree, but also when I've seen comparison pics the original toys also seem to have had ugly white cheap looking plastic too.
    I'll be interested to see what they look like once someone adds in a black ink wash to bring out the details; I think it's the ones with the white heads that look particularly cheap and nasty.