Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Big W midyear TOYSALE !!! JUNE 16 to JULY 15

The big w's around my area (Perth South) never have stock around sale time. I assume the staff put them aside for friends (the shelves do have things that no-one wants like cyberverse and one step changers though).

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Will there actually be any stock though? If the last few years are anything to go by, the items with the best prices will be the least available (check the archives if memories fail).
    My experience is the stock usually goes out as soon as it hits the store, it's not held back for the sale, so people have generally bought them by the time the sale starts.

I'll be checking Big Ws local to me pretty much daily from the next few days.

So will you actually be able to CHOOSE which leader/voyager you want if you buy online or will it be more nonsense "Randomly selected" garbage that Aussie retailers do online?

Quote Originally Posted by popculturepooka View Post
    So will you actually be able to CHOOSE which leader/voyager you want if you buy online or will it be more nonsense "Randomly selected" garbage that Aussie retailers do online?
    Randomly selected. That's how their website works.

Unfortunately it's randomly selected. Don't know of any brick and mortar store whose online store lets you pick what you want apart from Mr Toys.

Another reasons why these big name department stores are failing to compete with international web retailers and failing in general.
    Absolutely bizarre policy. Imagine buying fashion items or books online and being told you will get a random colour, style or title from that price point?

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You can choose with things like Lego. They are obviously uniquely coded.

I am not sure what Mr Toys does to allow it. Possibly it makes an extra effort because it is a specialty store. The Lego example makes me wonder if it could be fixed at the Hasbro end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    I am not sure what Mr Toys does to allow it. Possibly it makes an extra effort because it is a specialty store. The Lego example makes me wonder if it could be fixed at the Hasbro end.
    Because they bother to uniquely catalog into their system. Which isn't hard, just a little extra effort that will work wonders for customer satisfaction.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Dare I say pot luck forces buyers into an expensively rented store where they might buy other stuff while walking through

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Will there actually be any stock though? If the last few years are anything to go by, the items with the best prices will be the least available (check the archives if memories fail).
    *insert photo of Mr CW Devi scalper*
    (post #11 of thread Scalping 7 Devastators on ebay for a looksie)

or better still...

*insert photo shopped Mr CW Devi scalper with 8 Sky Lynx asking $300 a pop*