Thread: Aldi Toy Sale June 10th with Authentics Titan Changers

Default Aldi Toy Sale June 10th with Authentics Titan Changers

Posted to the Ozformers facebook page by Tyson Richards, an alert to next week's Aldi sale catalogue (starting WED 10th June) which has a Transformers item in it.

The item is the Authentics Titan Changers from 2019, which haven't been released in Australia yet, so will end up being exclusive to Aldi.
    The sale catalogue shows us Bumblebee and Optimus Prime, but there should also be Megatron (hopefully).
    (on page six)

It isn't a sale item, but is a limited stock item that will be sold at a full price of $30.
    (the retail price in America was US$15, so our price is quite high, especially considering this is at Aldi, which is supposed to be a retailer for cheaper prices)

I totally forgot about this sale until I saw Trev's posting on facebook about getting Grimlock.
    With Grimlock being wave 2, I was wondering if we also got wave 1, or if wave 2 just had some or all of wave 1 included in the cases.

For those interested, wave 1 was Optimus, Bumblebee and Megatron, while wave 2 was Starscream and Grimlock.

So after work I checked out two stores on the way home, and found four of the five Titan Changers - Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Grimlock. Since one of the two stores I went to was pretty much already sold out just a day after the sale started, it was hard to tell yet if those are the only four in wave 2 that we will see here.
    Anyone been to an Aldi this week and found Bumblebee?

(they also had a Transformers activity pack too)

This was at the Garden City store, with just one left today (now none left).

This was the Robertson store, before I bought a Starscream, Optimus and Grimlock.

The activity pack.

To show the size of these...

They look bigger than what I thought. Still look like garbage though.

If you're still after a BB, hit me up. I'll be able to pop into an Aldi tomorrow and check it out.

Weren't these sold at Aldi last year? Wave 1 at least.

And what's with Grimlock's packaging art?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    If you're still after a BB, hit me up. I'll be able to pop into an Aldi tomorrow and check it out.
    thanks, but don't worry about it. I have another store to check today but I'm not desperate for these. I got 4 of the 5 which is good enough as they've already taken up this week's toy budget and I still have to pay for a Seacon at eb.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    Weren't these sold at Aldi last year? Wave 1 at least.

And what's with Grimlock's packaging art?
    Last time at Aldi were the large Cyber Series Optimus and Bumblebee.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    thanks, but don't worry about it. I have another store to check today but I'm not desperate for these. I got 4 of the 5 which is good enough as they've already taken up this week's toy budget and I still have to pay for a Seacon at eb.
    I'm totally gobsmacked.

Do you ever hear the Protectobots say we don't have Hot Spot but that's good enough.

Meatloaf said 2 out of 3 ain't bad but did you hear him perform at the AFL Grand Final a few years ago?

What hope is there for the rest of us...

Are these figures like very limited in articulation?
    My 4 year old wants a grimlock and bumblebee... these look to be rather big and easy to transform eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Are these figures like very limited in articulation?
    My 4 year old wants a grimlock and bumblebee... these look to be rather big and easy to transform eh?
    Very big, very easy to transform (5 or 6 steps), good play value but limited articulation. Most kids will enjoy but most adults will find too basic and ?cheap? looking
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Yes, they are really "cheap" simple toys, that look more like bad Chinese knockoffs you'd find at the markets (or the back alleys of HK).
    Adult collectors aren't the target demographic for these, and any that do buy them are either fans of a certain character, or buy just about everything.
    $30 is hefty for such a simple toy, but that compares to Deluxe/Warrior price for something that is bigger than a Leader toy... so if you are a collector with a kid who wants some "first Transformers", these would be good, and your child can be excited about having a toy that is bigger than their parent's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I was able to check two more stores on the way home from work today, and the second store I came to had the motherload, with 30 of the Titan Changers, including a few Bumblebees.
    (for anyone else in Brisbane looking for these, this was the Aldi at Drewvale)

The little yellow bot seems to be the popular one though, as two of the four stores I had checked out, only had the other four left.