Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GEN Skylynx now arriving at BigW stores

Default GEN Skylynx now arriving at BigW stores

Today saw some of the first Skylynx toys for the BigW sale... which doesn't start until JUNE 18th (16th online), so for those willing to pay full price just to be sure that they get one, it's time to start checking your nearest BigW store.

Some stores may take a few more days to get their stock in, and some stores may not put out the stock before the sale, but in case they all do, let us know here if you see them, and if you know that the store is sold out, as there isn't likely to be any more coming later (these sales usually have set allocations to each store, and once sold out, won't restock if it is a one-off item).
    Even though we have a sightings section for this sort of thing, this advance release of a one-off item will attract a lot of attention from collectors, so this topic can be a one-stop location for sightings of Skylynx at BigW (in JUNE), to make it easier for everyone. (see below for an example)

Skylynx will be at other retailers (and Amazon Australia) from about September as it's regular release, this advance release is just for BigW and their June toy sale... so don't panic if you miss out now, as there will be more in 3 months time (BigW might not be one to stock it in September though).

At Garden City Brisbane today, at about 2.30pm, they had just unpacked 10 in the main walkway near the toy section, so they hadn't been given a proper location yet. I bought one, so there were 9 left at that time.

65 cents! I’ll grab the lot.

10 of them is encouraging...

How many units per case?

It's interesting to see them out already. When I asked at my local BigW they said Sky Lynx was an embargoed item in their systems, so they can't put it on shelves until the sale. I wonder if some stores are ignoring the embargo or if someone made an error?

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    It's interesting to see them out already. When I asked at my local BigW they said Sky Lynx was an embargoed item in their systems, so they can't put it on shelves until the sale. I wonder if some stores are ignoring the embargo or if someone made an error?
    Was told from Big W Warnbro that the TFs wont be arriving until the 17th.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

I hope so, it would be good if they have some stock to sell that was advertised in their catalogue for the sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    It is likely that they have "feature items" flagged to keep in the back until the sale starts, which is what they've done in the past. Skylynx is a special advance-release item just for this sale (similar to their earlier years with Titans released 2-3 months before the rest of the country, and even the world), so it wouldn't surprise me if it was not supposed to be out for sale before the Toy Sale starts. After all, if everything was put out before the sale and the high demand items sell out before the sale prices take affect, people won't bother showing up for the sale. Then again, the sale prices are active for online orders two days early, which will mean the high-demand items will still sell out two days before the in-store sale starts, instead of 1-2 weeks if they put out everything as it arrives.
    And how would that be a bad thing either, as the store gets more money (that it really needs right now) if everything sells out at full price before the sale, and people wanting the toys have the same chance of getting the items as they would when the sale starts (probably even a better chance, as toy scalpers would be the ones most willing and able to invest a couple of hours queuing up before the store opens at the start of the sale, in years that don't have the online prices starting earlier like this year).

Another person who lives near Garden City, checked the store today and sent me a message to say that all of the remaining Skylynx toys had been returned to out the back until the sale. I wonder if anyone else got one before they put returned them to out the back.
    Some people might still get lucky to find a store that puts everything out, or didn't keep everything out the back that they were supposed to.

I think with the thousands of toy items for the sale, it takes them a while to unpack their Toy Sale pallets and check each item to see if it can go out and where to put it, so if you are at a BigW in the next few days and see Skylynx being unpacked, grab one before they know to hide it out the back. And if it is still on one of the pallets waiting to be unpacked, ask NICELY if you can have ONE (to get them to open the box and get one out for you), and purchase it. Just don't do anything suspicious like grabbing too many of them for friends (or to scalp online), as they may then check it in their system and tell you that you can't buy it yet.

To follow up with Griffin, I did a big check around yesterday - couple of stores did have stock but weren't putting it out until the 18th. Most didn't. A few kept referring me to one store they said had him out on the floor, but when I checked there they still hadn't physically received the stock, but said to check back in a few days. A few stores might still get stock out early but most I spoke to hadn't yet received their shipments.

I wish people didn't scalp. Get what they need for their collections and leave the others for other collectors, and the most important people, kids. Because if you don't get new blood in with the new toys, one day we won't HAVE any new toys. Be toy-environmentally friendly.

Heads up
    I went to rouse hill and while they don’t have it in stock atm, they did mention once it goes on sale online, you can click & collect so I recommend buying it online instead of trying to find a store that has it in stock.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures