Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Transformers Video Game - Battlegrounds

$70! That seems a bit excessive for this type of game.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    but at least it is good (for me) that this one is being released on the PS4, as I'm still not wanting to buy a new games console yet.
    I only just realised today, that I don't have the PS4... I have a PS3 & PS2. I just haven't used it much in the last few years, and I didn't realise that the PS4 was released in 2013, while the PS3 was released around 2007 (it was so long ago, and a new version was released every 6-7 years... I actually thought that I still had the current version).
    It means that this game will be the first console game that doesn't get released for the PS3. (lucky I realised it before I bought a copy... which I wouldn't have been able to use - I might have to buy the PC version then, if my current computer can handle it.)

I only just realised today, that I don't have the PS4... I have a PS3 & PS2. I just haven't used it much in the last few years, and I didn't realise that the PS4 was released in 2013, while the PS3 was released around 2007 (it was so long ago, and a new version was released every 6-7 years... I actually thought that I still had the current version).
    It means that this game will be the first console game that doesn't get released for the PS3. (lucky I realised it before I bought a copy... which I wouldn't have been able to use - I might have to buy the PC version then, if my current computer can handle it.)
    The only TF games released on the PS4 were also released on PS3. Devastation, that movie one and Fall of Cybertron so that could well have been your reason why.

This new game looks like a free to play mobile game though.... I'm not impressed.

it looks like a mobile game lol or something from the ps2 era.

The official cover has been revealed, which is significantly different to the mockups that were shown off in June.

Still 2 months away from release, but we have some demo reviews and videos posted up, showing gameplay and a mission.

A cover for the PC version keeps being shown off, but I can't seem to find a physical copy listed anywhere here. Is it just a prop to let people know that it PC is a format (to be bought online for downloading) or is it being released as a physical copy in America and not here.
    I'd prefer to have a physical copy, as it is then something to keep and display with all of the other games, even after it is no longer able to be used.

Still 2 months away from release, but we have some demo reviews and videos posted up, showing gameplay and a mission.

A cover for the PC version keeps being shown off, but I can't seem to find a physical copy listed anywhere here. Is it just a prop to let people know that it PC is a format (to be bought online for downloading) or is it being released as a physical copy in America and not here.
    I'd prefer to have a physical copy, as it is then something to keep and display with all of the other games, even after it is no longer able to be used.
    Very few PC games are ever actually pressed on disk anymore. The ones that are pressed on disk are normally only the first 4gb of the install and the rest has to be downloaded via the included Steam/Origin/Bethesda/Battle.net key.

Microsoft is actually the only company in recent memory to put a full install on disk. Microsoft Flight Simulator was made available in Europe as a 10 DVD physical copy. Not sure why they didn't go for a 2 blu-ray disk physical version instead. If you're going to make people go out and buy an external optical drive (because virtually no PC ships with optical drives anymore) may as well make it a blu-ray drive.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    it looks like a mobile game lol or something from the ps2 era.
    Turn based and with those graphics, it looks like a mobile/tablet game that was moved over to consoles for a quick cash grab.

Hasbro seems to have put more effort into the new GI Joe game which looks pretty fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1j4lhpCmgo