Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Video Game - Battlegrounds

Default New Transformers Video Game - Battlegrounds

A teaser trailer for a new Transformers video game was released about 10 hours ago on the Bandai Namco page.

https://youtu.be/eUvcne04ANw

No real details except that it'll be a tactical warfare game. Characters seem to be based on the Cyberverse designs, from what I could tell.

Releases October 23rd on Switch, Xbox One, PS4 and Steam.

Doesn't look appealing to me at all. Looks more like a mobile game than a console game?

Wow, that looks terrible.

It's not great but it's still early. I'd wait for actual gameplay footage before really judging it at least. First console game since 2015's Devastation.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    No real details except that it'll be a tactical warfare game. Characters seem to be based on the Cyberverse designs, from what I could tell.
    Love me a turn based tactics game. Hope it goes off the deep end with the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    It's not great but it's still early. I'd wait for actual gameplay footage before really judging it at least. First console game since 2015's Devastation.
    If it is being released in just four months time, it would need at least 2-3 months for the game discs to be manufactured and shipped from China (or where ever), so I would have to say that the game would need to be finished by now, or at the very least, would be finishing up the last things like recording lines and sounds.

It's definitely a Cyberverse game, so it isn't expected to be too detailed, as the demographic of Cyberverse are the kids... which makes it odd that it would be released on game consoles instead of being an online web game or app game (where the kids live these days, or at least, where they prefer their games to be).

With the PS5 being announced, and Transformers console games are pretty rare (most have been based on the Movies), this could end up being the last Transformers game for the PS4... but at least it is good (for me) that this one is being released on the PS4, as I'm still not wanting to buy a new games console yet.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If it is being released in just four months time, it would need at least 2-3 months for the game discs to be manufactured and shipped from China (or where ever), so I would have to say that the game would need to be finished by now, or at the very least, would be finishing up the last things like recording lines and sounds.
    The disk for Xbox game come from Singapore and I believe Sony are pressing their disk in the EU these days, at least for Australian consumers. North American stock is normally pressed in America. Given China's rather lax adherence to copyright most large IP holders don't press disk in China. Also, the factories that press disk are incredibly secure factories in order to avoid IP theft.

Game disk can be pressed months in advance to just days in advance depending on what the publisher wants. It's more common these days for disk to pressed a month or more in advance though because of day one patches. If what's on the game disk is broken or unfinished, no problem, just issue a day one patch.

Also, games are almost never finished on day one. They keep getting iterated on for weeks, months or years after launch so the disk is really nothing more than a key to allow access to the game for those that don't want to buy a digital copy and a shortcut to help the install process to go faster.

Also, I wouldn't assume a game like this would even have a disk version. It's possibly a digital-only release.

The official website I found has mock ups of the cases so I presume they will release physical copies but it might be limited in number or territory.

https://outrightgames.com/games/transformers/

Some screenshots and mockup images of the covers can be seen here.

It also suggests that there will be an online-multiplayer element, but nothing specific if there is one.

EB Games has the new Cyberverse game listed now for pre-order, for October 23rd, on PS4, Xbox and Switch. All 3 versions are $70 each.