Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need suggestions about old BW toys

Quote Originally Posted by roller
    i never eva saw TM2 Megatron or TigaHawk on sale in Sydney.
    I also never saw them on sale in Sydney (nor anywhere else in Australia)... but I did hear and read rare sightings of them - so yeah, they were released here but were hell rare.

Quote Originally Posted by roller
    I got TMII Megs second hand many years after its release
    I got mine in 1999 as free gifts from Hasbro (USA).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    amon: would you be willing to post the toys inside their boxes in tact if Sofaman and loophole are willing to pay for the cost of postage?
    Sure, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    No rush, early December is fine. Loophole, can I assume you'd be keen to do a split on these two? PM me if you're keen.

I'm not too bothered about you having to take them out of the boxes, but please protect the shiny chrome! Also, it may actually be cheaper to mail them to me from China rather than pay the luggage overweight charge - could you find out if there's a big difference, if it's not too much trouble?

And thanks on letting us transfer the funds after we get the toys - that'll make things easier, and is much appreciated.
    I mean chances are, there will be no overweight charge, then you guys just need to pay the AUD postage. I think I can make room for these two ,but I just can't say for sure at the moment.

I tried to use China Post to mail a THS-02 to Aus, took me about 30 AUD and 2 months... I looked on China post website tonite , if we use air mail,
    http://www.shpost.com.cn/customer/cu...ntent03_01.htm
    first 100g is 18 yuan, addtional 15 yuan/100g, packaging not included.

If you can accept the air mail rate, I can mail to you MISB.

Dude, how could you manage to let Hasbro do that?

I also never saw them on sale in Sydney (nor anywhere else in Australia)... but I did hear and read rare sightings of them - so yeah, they were released here but were hell rare.
    I saw them in Melbourne and never thought of them as rare, but they were pricey and I wasn't interested in any of the Transmetal IIs so never bought any.

I bought both of them from the local Toyworld when they were first released. One of the few wins I have had with the harder to find toys over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by amon View Post
    Dude, how could you manage to let Hasbro do that?
    I never asked them for it! Apparently Hasbro USA heard that I was unable to find the Ultra Transmetal 2s, so they arranged to have them sent to me! I literally just received them in the mail one day and I was like, "Huh?!" - on one hand glad that I received them but on the other hand somewhat concerned that someone had spontaneously sent me toys from the States without even telling me. So I called the person who sent it to me and he told me that it was a gift from Hasbro.

Hey... if Hasbro wants to give me free toys, who am I to deny them?

I got my TM2 Megatron two years ago MISB for $70 at a toy store in Milton...
    Got Optimal Optimus last year from the same store, same condition for $90.

Only sighting of either I have ever had!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

TMII Megatron was around, although not common. I only saw him on sale once, at Uncle Pete's in Wollongong - they had about 30.

Tigerhawk was very rare in Australia. Luckily I managed to pick one up in Montreal while on holidays, before he was released here..

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I never asked them for it! Apparently Hasbro USA heard that I was unable to find the Ultra Transmetal 2s, so they arranged to have them sent to me! I literally just received them in the mail one day and I was like, "Huh?!" - on one hand glad that I received them but on the other hand somewhat concerned that someone had spontaneously sent me toys from the States without even telling me. So I called the person who sent it to me and he told me that it was a gift from Hasbro.

The old pre BM Hasbro was cool.

I surpose that was not a lucky draw.

Ha , receiving free from Hasbro, it only happens in my dreams.