Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need suggestions about old BW toys

Question Need suggestions about old BW toys

I am now in Shanghai, and I saw some Air attack OPs for sale, not sure the name, but they are superme class for sure, about 50 AUD, are they worth buying? I mean, they are cheap, and Huge, but the transformation is too simple, literately transforming from a ape to a short leg ape.

BTW, saw some BW red dragon and eagle-tiger(white), ridiculously cheap, about 55 AUD a pair, they used to be very hard to find, but now they are all over the place.

need some suggestions

Hi amon, I don't know about air attack op because I dont have it but the red dragon is tm2 megatron and the other is tigerhawk. If you are into BW and dont already have them I recommend you pick them up they are great toys, personally I think they are 2 of the best from the line. I had my two along with depthcharge and rampage standing proudly on my display shelf for 5 years before I had to box all my transformers away.

Have you seen any of the japanes energon exclusive weapons or mini-cons on your travels?

Air Attack Optimus Primal is a Robots In Disguise toy, not Beast Wars (also based on a Beast Machines character, not Beast Wars!). The toy is actually quite good for a supreme and the transformation isn't as simple as you've described it. For 55AUD I think it's good value. That toy was never released here.

Transmetal 2 Megatron and Tigerhawk are both awesome figures and well worth that price IMO. Those toys were released here but they were incredibly rare.

All 3 are great toys.

You can't go wrong with BW TM2 Megatron or Tigerhawk. They're both very awesome toys. Great personality and articulation. Megatron's transformation is a bit tricky in a not very fun way but Tigerhawk's is great between the three modes.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

buy it!!!! This toy rocks! I wish i could get it for that cheap

TM2 Megatron is one of my favorite TFs of all. I could never get Tigerhawk, so had to make do with Universe Rampage. Any chance of you bringing a spare Tigerhawk back to Oz for me?
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Thank u all for your suggestions I had a Universe Rampage, black one, isn't it? The transformation is inovative, but I think the robot legs are a little short.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Have you seen any of the japanes energon exclusive weapons or mini-cons on your travels?
    I have seen a MOSC Japanese Energon sword, I am not sure of its edtion, three mini-con combiner, yellow transparent. 89 RMB, about 22 AUD. As it's fairly small, I can bring it to you on my way back OZ if you like. And I live in Sydney city, I think I'll have to post it to you

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    TM2 Megatron is one of my favorite TFs of all. I could never get Tigerhawk, so had to make do with Universe Rampage. Any chance of you bringing a spare Tigerhawk back to Oz for me?
    pitty,the shop owner insist to sell with red dragon. And they might be a bit bulky even without boxes, ...the boxes are damaged any way. I am coming back in about three weeks, may be I'll have to check my luggage box first. I can remind you if I have enough room then.And I live in Sydney city, I think I can post it to you if I can make it.
    Last edited by amon; 17th November 2008 at 02:33 AM.

amon: perhaps you could post Tigerhawk from Shanghai to Adelaide if Sofaman is willing to foot the cost of shipping. As for TM2 Megatron I would recommend either:

1/ Asking Sofaman if he's willing to buy both as a package. Sofaman, I'm sure you could easily sell a MISB TM2 Megatron to someone or have one to keep MISB yourself - I recently bought three G1 Micromasters from Iceburn despite the fact that one of those patrols is excess to my needs. It's because iceburn bought them together and so I could totally understand why he insisted on selling them as sets and I agreed to those terms. Now that I've got it I'm thinking about keeping it MOSC - up till now I've never had any sealed G1 toys. I could sell it off to someone if I wanted to (atm I'm content to keep it ).
    2/ Mail the spare TM2 Megatron back to your own address in Sydney and later sell it to someone.

Just some suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    amon: perhaps you could post Tigerhawk from Shanghai to Adelaide if Sofaman is willing to foot the cost of shipping. As for TM2 Megatron I would recommend either:

1/ Asking Sofaman if he's willing to buy both as a package. Sofaman, I'm sure you could easily sell a MISB TM2 Megatron to someone or have one to keep MISB yourself - I recently bought three G1 Micromasters from Iceburn despite the fact that one of those patrols is excess to my needs. It's because iceburn bought them together and so I could totally understand why he insisted on selling them as sets and I agreed to those terms. Now that I've got it I'm thinking about keeping it MOSC - up till now I've never had any sealed G1 toys. I could sell it off to someone if I wanted to (atm I'm content to keep it ).
    2/ Mail the spare TM2 Megatron back to your own address in Sydney and later sell it to someone.

Just some suggestions.
    Good idea.

And I have to say, though they are MISB, but the packages are very old, even damaged. They might have been piled at a dark corner of a unknown werehouse for years