Thread: Will there be a an Earthrise Runabout?

Default Will there be a an Earthrise Runabout?

I'm considering getting this:
    Earthrise Runamuck

But I am uncertain if I only want half of the duo.

Are there any plans to recolor this mould to make Runabout as well?

It is sure to happen, but might be a Generation Select release exclusive

I'm surprised they didn't plan to release both Runamuck and Runabout as a 2 pack. They have done it with the rainmakers, but an exclusive set. At least Runamuck should be available at retail hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't plan to release both Runamuck and Runabout as a 2 pack. They have done it with the rainmakers, but an exclusive set. At least Runamuck should be available at retail hopefully.
    Well there's still the Takara Tomy version, it could be a 2-pack

It'll happen in some form. They need to reuse the mold, simple repaint.

Okay, so the question is, do I hold out for the 2 pack instead of getting Runamuck on his own?

If I get him seperate and if the 2 pack is released as the "only way" to get Runabout, I'd have spent that money for a duplicate toy.

Another question is it a true repaint or do they just swap the white plastic for black?
    It looks like they use a single solid color instead of just painting the plastic.

Yes, I imagine they'll have to repaint some details, the paint layers that worked on white might not necessarily be compatible with black.
    Also, from memory, Runabout had a red/orange eyeslot while Runamuck had a blue one.

Well I ended up getting the TW boxsets to get one clone of each, then managed to track the other 2 in their 2 pack, only to have Takara go "here's the clones 2 packs" but nothing guarantee that'll happen this time

Odds are it'll be just different plastic colours used. Doubt they'd paint the entire figure. Repaint just a term to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    Also, from memory, Runabout had a red/orange eyeslot while Runamuck had a blue one.
    G1 Runabout has a red visor whereas Runamuck has a silver one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    Okay, so the question is, do I hold out for the 2 pack instead of getting Runamuck on his own?

If I get him seperate and if the 2 pack is released as the "only way" to get Runabout, I'd have spent that money for a duplicate toy.

Another question is it a true repaint or do they just swap the white plastic for black?
    It looks like they use a single solid color instead of just painting the plastic.

Yes, I imagine they'll have to repaint some details, the paint layers that worked on white might not necessarily be compatible with black.
    The current team at Hasbro have said that they always look to complete the groups (eg: seekers, insecticons, etc) and the pattern from Hasbro so far for this line and the more recent lines has not been to require a double up of purchases, but to also make the direct repaints not necessarily clog up to the slots within the main release (EG - Ironhide was a main line release and Ratchet was an exclusive, Prowl was mainline, Smokescreen was Selects, and Bluestreak was 35th Anniversary release).

We will get a Runabout, with the only question being whether it will be an exclusive or mainline release.

As for "repaints" - we tend to use that term pretty generically even when the colour change is not just paint, but is a different plastic (the seekers are considered repaints, but have a unique base plastic). Runabout will be black plastic, probably with the same paint layout as Runamuck, but with a different colour choice/

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    The current team at Hasbro have said that they always look to complete the groups (eg: seekers, insecticons, etc)
    One issue may be the availability and accessibility of certain toys to complete a set.
    e.g. Siege Starscream and Thundercracker were really easy to get, but Skywarp has proven to be super difficult, a major inconvenience.
    As you pointed out yourself, Ironhide was easy to get but Ratchet was a limited exclusive, same with Smokescreen, Bluestreak etc.

The Insecticons were also spaced out quite a bit... I got Skrapnel as part of Generations Thrilling 30, then Bombshell in Combiner Wars, and then finally Kickback with Titans Return. So about a year apart each, which isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things, but then because each was released in a different series the design aesthetic changed. Skrapnel is a basic Legends Class Insecticon with the Reflector Mini-Con weapon; Bombshell transforms into a gestalt weapon; and Kickback has a compartment to house a Titan Master pilot. This personally doesn't bother me in the slightest (Bombshell's "gun hands" are something that I wouldn't miss if they were gone, but otherwise I'm fine with all 3 of them), but I can imagine how it might grate some other collectors who wish for a more uniform design to their Insecticon team. I'll grab Runamuck when I see it and hope for a Runabout - but for those who are determined to get both, I can understand the concern. Because even if they do do Runabout, there's no guarantee in terms of how easily available or accessible that toy would be.

Then there's the THROTTLEBOTS.
    They gave us Titans Return Roadburn, who's meant to be Chase - fine. But that toy has Chase's colours, Rollbar's face, Searchlight's helmet and Freeway's horns. They've clearly designed 4/6 Throttlebots into a single little head retool, why didn't they run with it? Goldbug would've been just another redeco of Bumblebee (the most they'd do is give a toy-accurate head) and then the only major retool or whole new mould would be Wideload; but they'd save loads of money not needing to do much retooling with the other Throttlebots. And yet they did not.