Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Reissue G1 Legion Class On Kmart website

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Takes me back as a kid walking into Kmart and drooling over the toys. It must have been 86 as I remember MotorMaster.

Man I wish they'd reissue the Autobot cars.
    Yes it really would be a dream come true to see the 1984 Autobot cars on the shelf as an assortment, rather than just a single G1 release at a time. We had it with the TRU Commerative line, but not in actual G1 packaging like the original. That packaging just looked so cool at the time.

I?d kind of give up hope when the Encore line of G1 releases ended, but Walmart releasing Hot Rod and Optimus can gave me hope again. I?d much prefer Autobot cars than other releases like Blaster
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Yes it really would be a dream come true to see the 1984 Autobot cars on the shelf as an assortment, rather than just a single G1 release at a time. We had it with the TRU Commerative line, but not in actual G1 packaging like the original. That packaging just looked so cool at the time.

I?d kind of give up hope when the Encore line of G1 releases ended, but Walmart releasing Hot Rod and Optimus can gave me hope again. I?d much prefer Autobot cars than other releases like Blaster
    I agree re Blaster. It's nice to see it's continuing, but as you say, he's his own assortment. Even 5-6 cars would be awesome. The Minibots are great to see, it's just a shame we got the same guys twice.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Blaster is disappointing, and unless it is really cheap, I don't think it will sell... but it was the winner of the fan-vote on the Hasbro facebook page earlier this year, so we are stuck with it (and if it doesn't sell, it will be more difficult for retailers to want others later).

And this one doesn't appear to come with any cassettes either, as it appears to be an authentic reissue of the original Blaster who didn't come with any cassettes.

I think the packaging will sell it best, to those who want to keep it sealed, or keep the box... as it has been reissued twice by Hasbro in the last 10 years (2010 and 2015), and also reissued in Japan in 2006, so there are a lot of reissue choices already out there.

Just echoing what was just posted on our facebook page - if you are on the fence with the minibots, or know someone who would be interested in getting one as a present, best to get on it as soon as you can. Even though they have only been out for about 2 weeks, and a lot of stores on the Kmart product page are already showing little or no stock, there are concerns that they aren't selling fast enough in this current economic climate to have Kmart risk getting the bigger reissues.
    I imagine that decisions are being made at this time (or soon) by the Kmart product buyers, as to if they will take on more reissues (based on the sales of the Minibots so far).

Personally, I think they've done really well so far, based on sightings by me and others in the last week... and I don't want to have a special retro toyline like this be so limited that they are here one month and gone the next, as it may not give people enough time to budget for them (that's almost $80 for the set, which is a big hit in one week for a lot of people at this time, or any time). And I'd prefer to see a range of vintage reissues at the store, not Minibots one month, Cassettes the next month, Optimus the month after, Soundwave after that. Unfortunately the turnover requirement of product at major retailers is very short, and they don't care about how the shelves look to the eye, they just care that the shelves don't look the same in a couple months time, so that it encourages people to come back often to see what is new. (after all, they think that if you can't afford new items as soon as they show up, put it on credit or a pay-later scheme, as it is not their job to keep items sitting around for months until you can afford it)

Yes it really would be a dream come true to see the 1984 Autobot cars on the shelf as an assortment, rather than just a single G1 release at a time ...
    That would be a wonderful sight to behold, but my dream is for a shelf full of vintage packaged reissues of 1987/88 deluxes. What hefty sturdy plastic figures they were.

Just wondering whether anyone had sighted the G1 Warpath or G1 Gears (he?s the blue/red one, not the red/white)?
    You can see stock availability for local Kmart stores, and some of them that were low stock have now been refreshed. So kinda hoping that it might be with second wave stock.

While I know that $19 may seem a lot, given that resellers are charging north of $50 for Warpath and then there?s shipping, if I can source him local I could justify the Kmart premium. But if there?s no chance of it showing up I might have to bite the bullet and eBay one.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I've not seen a single G1 at 3 Kmarts in Perth despite the website saying available. BigW is the same - these stock level reports are quite unreliable. Good thing I got the first 4 at Cotton On (for half the price) but I'd still like to see the tech specs in real life. I guess that Warpath and Gears are not in the same case as the other 4, just like Cotton On. And just like Cotton On, maybe they won't come around. I did ask Cotton On to get in more G1 toys when they asked for my feedback and they haven't yet. So who knows what Kmart will do, probably the same.

My local Kmart appears to have never gotten Gears and Warpath. The rest of them are just sitting there unsold. It should be noted that my local Kmart doesn't exactly do great business with Transformers toys. They tend to get Wave 1 of a series and never sell out of it until it goes on clearance.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Just wondering whether anyone had sighted the G1 Warpath or G1 Gears (he?s the blue/red one, not the red/white)?
    You can see stock availability for local Kmart stores, and some of them that were low stock have now been refreshed. So kinda hoping that it might be with second wave stock.

While I know that $19 may seem a lot, given that resellers are charging north of $50 for Warpath and then there?s shipping, if I can source him local I could justify the Kmart premium. But if there?s no chance of it showing up I might have to bite the bullet and eBay one.
    Gears was sighted in the WA Sightings thread.

Warpath appears to be elusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    Gears was sighted in the WA Sightings thread.

Warpath appears to be elusive.
    It was unverified, and could have been a mistake, meaning to say one of the other character names.