Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be an Earthrise Inferno?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    The Combiner Wars version of Inferno was wholly inadequate in my personal opinion, just the third reuse of the Pyra Magna mould/design.
    I skipped that toy entirely and just stuck with my Henkei Inferno. I didn't need a second CHUG Inferno back then, and I don't feel the need for a third CHUG Inferno now. <shrugs>
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    And Hauler
    Make it an exclusive 3 pack while we're at it too
    I would buy that in a heartbeat! Even if it were an exclusive three pack, I'd probably buy the set and sell off the surplus characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Well Hasbro seems to be doing every single G1 character they can dig up at some point.
    And there's still SO much G1 left untapped. My dream is to see all of G1 done as CHUG. This is something that I should probably continue discussing in a separate thread...

Looked up Henkei Inferno, whatever that was meant to be, not a G1 themed Inferno apparently.

So for me personally, they still haven't released an proper G1 CHUG Inferno.

Looked up Henkei Inferno, whatever that was meant to be, not a G1 themed Inferno apparently.

So for me personally, they still haven't released an proper G1 CHUG Inferno.
    They haven't. And oh I want to start a discussion but I'm worried how people will take it. I am all for new characters too, I would love to see more of them but I don't think repainting such a distinctive looking G1 character and saying "now he's Scrapmetal" works. When they reuse the Grapple figure as Inferno (and Artfire) make the most sense and more than making him purple and calling him "Hightower" (or versions of Hot Spot and Pyro(.

To me personally, I only knew two uses of this original mould, Inferno and Grapple.
    If it was good enough for the original G1 release, then it is good enough for Earthrise.

Plus Inferno is one of my favorite characters, so I really want an updated G1 version and as stated previously, none of the prior releases have ever been that for me.

Did find some images of Artfire and Hauler though, they looked like Inferno and Grapple has just been recolored.
    And since they never appeared in any G1 material I know of, they were completely unknown to me before just now.

To be honest, I'm not sure what other characters they could release that aren't as common/well-known.
    Hotshot is the only one that really springs to mind, but Rescue Bots Academy may be making him more mainstream.

Did find some images of Artfire and Hauler though, they looked like Inferno and Grapple has just been recolored.
    And since they never appeared in any G1 material I know of, they were completely unknown to me before just now.
    Hauler appears in the G1 cartoon (More Than Meets The Eye) and is even named, but never transforms.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I saw that image and am highly skeptical, the color is so wrong, regardless of what they said or implied, that's obviously Grapple.

Hauler is lime green and darn proud of it!
    Although he shouldn't stand next to Constructions or he'll be explaining the "friendly fire incident" to Ratchet later.......

for me personally, they still haven't released an proper G1 CHUG Inferno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    They haven't.
    I agree. I'm not a fan of earlier CHUG as a general rule, but there are exceptions.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

To me personally, I only knew two uses of this original mould, Inferno and Grapple.
    If it was good enough for the original G1 release, then it is good enough for Earthrise.

Plus Inferno is one of my favorite characters, so I really want an updated G1 version and as stated previously, none of the prior releases have ever been that for me.

Yeah well. Despite what some people around here think, most people have no idea about Japanese G1 fiction. If he didn't get a toy in the United and Masterpiece lines I think very few people in the fandom would know Artfire existed.

To be honest, I'm not sure what other characters they could release that aren't as common/well-known.
    Hotshot is the only one that really springs to mind, but Rescue Bots Academy may be making him more mainstream.
    Hotshot is not obscure. To a generation of fans, he is their Bumblebee.

There are plenty of characters still to be done in G1. Most post-1987 US characters, Japanese characters and European characters haven't been done yet.

I maintain a list of all characters from G1 and if they have gotten a toy in CHUG yet or not. There's probably still over 50% of the characters from G1 that still haven't gotten a CHUG toy. Not to mention characters like Ariel and Arblus (to pick two random characters out of my list) that have never gotten a toy.

Be kinda funny if they release Grapple in red but as the Rescue Bots firetruck Heatwave.

They haven't. And oh I want to start a discussion but I'm worried how people will take it. I am all for new characters too, I would love to see more of them but I don't think repainting such a distinctive looking G1 character and saying "now he's Scrapmetal" works. When they reuse the Grapple figure as Inferno (and Artfire) make the most sense and more than making him purple and calling him "Hightower" (or versions of Hot Spot and Pyro(.
    I think for the most part the tendency for a lot of fans to jump onto simple repaints/retools for figure ideas is a remnant of the collecting environment of the 2000s, where it seems like fans were begging for anything they could get their hands on, and more often than not, the only option for a G1 character update was a repaint of a Unicron Trilogy or RiD toy. We are truly in a golden age right now, and I think it’s reasonable to assume and expect most repaints nowadays to only be relevant/accurate ones (mouldmates in original toy/fiction). Retools are a bit weirder, but I am generally confident in Hasbro’s ability to pull them off. I can definitely make an exception for some super obscure characters still somehow not good enough for their own toy though, creative uses of moulds can be a good thing! Scrounge and Hauler, I’m looking at you.

I get tired of seeing the ideas thrown around on TFW and the like constantly, that every Wheeljack figure must be made into Tracks, every Sideswipe toy must have some kind of alternate robot mode for Sunstreaker, every Soundwave must be made into Blaster. It’s boring and from an outdated era.

I embrace a lot of the older characters getting new figures, because a lot of the (now really old!) CHUG figures are starting to lose their lustre. Hell, some of those toys were themselves repaints and simple retools. Though getting to every nook and cranny of G1 is super cool and inevitable, I think having more definitive versions of existing characters (and just having more options really) is just as important, especially as the fandom expands. After all, if we’d stopped when a character first got represented, we’d be still stuck with the Springer repaint of Cybertron Evac, or Classics Voyager Megatron!

Be kinda funny if they release Grapple in red but as the Rescue Bots firetruck Heatwave.
    I think the Rescue Bots would make excellent new CHUG toys. I’d buy them, and wouldn’t mind if they hammed them up with all the goofy Rescue Bot tidbits.