Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will there be an Earthrise Inferno?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    ....a remnant of the collecting environment of the 2000s, where it seems like fans were begging for anything they could get their hands on, and more often than not, the only option for a G1 character update was a repaint of a Unicron Trilogy or RiD toy.
    We were! But at the same time the line was moving forward with new characters and concepts each year and the "G1" throwbacks were the smaller sub line not the main game.

At one point Generations was meant to cover all previous toylines, but now it's become a G1 remake line -- and I hate that I like that and buy it even though it prevents new TFs characters being introduced or non-G1 concepts being revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I embrace a lot of the older characters getting new figures, because a lot of the (now really old!) CHUG figures are starting to lose their lustre. Hell, some of those toys were themselves repaints and simple retools. Though getting to every nook and cranny of G1 is super cool and inevitable, I think having more definitive versions of existing characters (and just having more options really) is just as important, especially as the fandom expands. After all, if we’d stopped when a character first got represented, we’d be still stuck with the Springer repaint of Cybertron Evac, or Classics Voyager Megatron!
    I personally skipped Earthrise Grapple because I already have United Grapple. I skipped CW Inferno because I have Henkei Inferno. And I own two United Artfires so... probably would skip an Artfire redeco of ER Grapple too. I don't own any form of CHUG Hauler, so yeah, if they repainted CHUG Grapple as Hauler I would definitely throw my money at that.

Replied further here.

I was going to skip Grapple while waiting for Inferno but ended up getting him anyway. Definitely a fun figure that works well with alot of other weapons and blast effects. At least they will look good together as a duo.