Thread: JULY 2020 Transformers comics and books

Default JULY 2020 Transformers comics and books

Note that there was no July solicitations listing from Previews/Diamond, so this listing is of the updated release dates from the Previews website AS OF JUNE 21st, for the comics that were delayed earlier this year.
    There is also no guarantee that these release dates will be met if there are still ongoing delays with printing and distribution within America if you import them (and before they even come to Australia if you get them locally).
    Digital formats may not follow these dates either.

JULY 8
    Transformers: Galaxies #7

JULY 15
    Transformers ’84: Secrets and Lies #1 (of 4)

JULY 22
    My Little Pony / Transformers #1 (of 4)
    Transformers #21

Recent and Upcoming TPBs & Books.
    -- IDW Collection Phase 2 Vol 11 HC - 336 pages (Transformers #46-50, MTMTE #50-55, Silent Night, Redemption) - June 9th (was May 26th) (digital release June 1th, was April 29th)
    -- The Game Master (Life and Career of Flint Dille - 1980s Transformers cartoon writer) HC - 312 pages - July 14th 2020 (was July 9th 2019, then March 10th 2020, then June 9th 2020)
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 2 - The Change in Their/Your Nature HC - 280 pages (Transformers #13-18, Galaxies #1-6) - AUG 25th 2020 (was June 30th) (digital release July 29th, was April 29th)
    -- Transformers The Manga Vol 3 (of 3) HC - 378 pages (Japanese TV Magazine Manga - translated) - OCT 13th 2020
    -- Transformers Vs The Terminator - 96 pages (all 4 issues) - NOV 24th (was OCT 27th 2020)
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 3 - All Fall Down HC - 280 pages (Transformers #19-24, Galaxies #7-12) - DEC 15th 2020
    -- IDW Collection Phase 2 Vol 12 HC - 336 pages (Transfomers #51-57, TAAO #1-4, Titans Return #1, MTMTE #56-57) - JAN 5th 2021
    -- Transformers '84 : Secrets and Lies - 120 pages (all 4 issues and one-shot) - FEB 16th 2021 (was NOV 10th 2020)
    -- Transformers/My Little Pony : Friendship in Disguise - 96 pages (all 4 issues) - March 2nd 2021 (was NOV 3rd 2020).

April 2020 comics and books

May 2020 comics and books

June 2020 comics and books

Galaxies #7 should be out this week, and a preview can be seen here.

The first issue of the new 1984 mini-series is released this week, and a preview can be seen here.

I really love the way they replicated the dotted printed look of the original Marvel Transformers comics... that element is what gave me the feeling of 80s retro, not the drawing style.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The first issue of the new 1984 mini-series is released this week, and a preview can be seen here.

I really love the way they replicated the dotted printed look of the original Marvel Transformers comics... that element is what gave me the feeling of 80s retro, not the drawing style.
    I'm going to buy it for the art not the story. First comic I've wanted to buy in ages.

The "SDCC" exclusive cover version of the 1984 issue 1 comic, has the toybox artwork of the 1984 Optimus toy on the cover.... to be sold somewhere on their site I think.

Meanwhile, the recent financial issues by IDW appear to be resolved through some creative debt relocation between different parts of the company and issuing more shares.
    Hopefully this isn't creating an asset bubble, leaving the company in a fragile financial position, while the virus is getting worse in America, which will have the recession get worse and last longer.

Another SDCC exclusive IDW comic cover has been shown off, this time for the My Little Pony crossover mini-series.

Out this week should be the first issue of the My Little Pony crossover, and issue 21 of the ongoing series and you can see a preview of it here.

Meanwhile, Chris Ryall, is leaving IDW, again.

More staff changes at IDW, none of which I recognise.

For those interested in some tidbits on the future of Transformers at IDW, they had their "SDCC at home" panel, which is on youtube.

It doesn't sound like they revealed anything significant or new that we didn't already knew about. If anything, the absence of any mention of Beast Wars might suggest that they still have no interest in tackling that era. (if next year's Generation toyline is indeed including Beast toys, I'd expect some introduction of those characters into one of the current Transformers comics... but probably similar to their previous Transformers universe, with random inclusions, but no significant or dedicated focus on the Beast characters or their universe)
    Apparently they do mention a long term plan based on what Hasbro has planned in the next few years (beyond the WFC trilogy I guess), but their current comics don't appear to follow any lead set in any of the current toylines... so I don't really know why it matters what Hasbro are doing, as IDW aren't "advertising" any of the current toylines with their comics (other than the crossover comics, but they aren't there to sell the toys... the toys sell on their own, and the comics would most likely be bought by people who already bought the toys).

After a 53 week delay, Flint Dille's book has finally been released.

I don't have it yet, but I'm hoping there is a decent amount of Transformers information in there, from his time working on the cartoon.